BorrowLenses (part of the Shutterfly family of brands) is where professional photographers and videographers come to rent premium gear online. They fulfill the photographic and cinematic dreams of our customers by delivering superior, cutting-edge gear and providing exceptional customer service.
What You’ll Do Here:
- Drive operating efficiencies:
- Determine operational objectives to drive efficiency and effectiveness across the operations teams by studying the business functions, gathering data, evaluating output, and planning prioritized system improvements.
- Improve systems, costs and efficiency by managing the relevant cross SFLY shared services (supply chain / shipping vendors, IT)
- Develop and measure operating efficiency metrics, educate and be a resource for warehouse leadership and teams on best practices with these KPIs
- Drive labor optimization – evaluate the tradeoffs and ideal labor levels for contractors, PTE and FTE
- Define requirements for vendors (shipping boxes, foam, tech eng supplies), and assess and monitor tradeoffs of internal work vs third party (repairs, foam cutting, etc)
- Regularly connect with Shutterfly counterparts to takeaway best practices from across the company
- Technical oversight over operational technology:
- Collaborate with Director of Operations, BL engineers and cross-functional fulfillment teams to provide technical oversight over operational technology systems, including helping to evaluate system tools and the technical aspects of BL’s operations.
- Project lead all aspects of BL’s platform development including strategic roadmap prioritization, metrics and operations for operations/CCT facing requirements.
- Develop requirements, drive prioritization of features and tradeoffs, and measurement guidelines to accompany releases. Write feature specifications, gather & define requirements and support UAT, working with the engineering team to develop and continually manage a well-groomed backlog.
The Skills You’ll Bring:
- Proficiency with managing technology projects and enterprise operations technology (SAP, Salesforce, Manhattan, etc)
- Exceptional listening, problem solving, negotiation, and facilitation skills
- Good analytical skills and ability to clearly communicate analysis to a broad audience
- Excellent organizational skills, time management, and highly detail oriented with the ability to juggle multiple priorities or deadlines
- Experience with or interest in photography or videography is always a plus!
Our employees at Shutterfly are passionate and possess the deeply held belief that a team working for a cause will reach and benefit millions of people. We are looking for those rare individuals who share our passion about building a great company while delighting our customers, partners and fellow employees.
We keep a fun and casual environment at Shutterfly. Free drinks and snacks are always available, and free gear rental is a unique perk. We have the excitement of the dotcom era and the stability of an established, profitable company.
Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.
If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship or transfers for this role at this time. No candidates requiring visa sponsorship or transfer will be considered.