HR Generalist I
The Human Resources Generalist 1 maintains and monitors the organization’s human resource information using efficient systems, applications and processes available. Analyze, maintain and continuously improve HR information systems, processes and projects with the outcome of ensuring data integrity and efficiency. Create reports (both routine and ad-hoc) in support of business needs. The HR Generalist consults with business management to provide HR expertise and to identify business needs in the areas of human capital management, including but not limited to performance management, compensation, workforce analysis and talent management.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains data in HRIS system (e.g. tables, elements, formats, uploads, manual entry, defined tables) according to process guidelines and business needs.
- Solves a range of straightforward problems and process issues, collaborating on more complex projects and issues.
- Mines data, builds and generates timely, consistent, and moderately complex to complex reports from HRIS and other HR systems and acts as a service partner to effectively prioritize work to achieve deadlines. Reports include but are not limited to: population, turnover, compliance and compensation reporting.
- Develops and implements processes and guidelines that result in consistent policy interpretation and legal compliance.
- Develops and maintains effective business partnership with business unit management through timely and effective human resources support.
- Supports the HR, production, service centre, home office and field teams with first-level troubleshooting and support. Trains internal partners as needed. Provides backup to HR Coordinators.
- Acts as first level compliance reporting and analytics captain for the business (includes background checks audits, group benefits audits, DPSP audits, employee code audits).
- Acts a first level support for performance management system Employee Central and Jobvite.
- Administers policies and procedures that support the division and company philosophy, culture and strategic goals.
- Recruiting, selection and retention efforts of exempt and non-exempt staff.
- Upholds the values of the organization through effective communication and high standards of performance.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of all matters and safeguard confidential documents.
- Drives continuous process improvement through research, planning and effective execution.
- Perform other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned.
MINIMUM GENERAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field.
- CPHR Designation is desired.
- Two to four years in a generalist role involving; talent management, significant employee relations experience, compensation and change management.
- Two plus years of HR information systems is required. Strong knowledge of HRIS systems and related processes. (e.g. HRIS, web-based applicant tracking, onboarding, timekeeping, training systems).
- Intermediate to expert level experience in using reporting tools (Excel, data-mining tools).
- Experience working across multiple levels is strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage change, multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment while handling multiple tasks.
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Lifetouch has been the professional photography choice for schools and families for more than 80 years. Built on the tradition of “Picture Day” Lifetouch captures smiling faces, preschool through high school graduation. We also reach our customers through additional product lines including portrait studios, yearbooks, sports, and events.