Sr. Financial Analyst I (Marketing Finance, FP&A)
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
Shutterfly is looking for a highly motivated Sr. Financial Analyst to join the Marketing Finance team within FP&A. As a strategic partner to the marketing organization, the Sr. Analyst will engage in analysis to help guide financial decision making and evaluate new partnership opportunities, marketing spend efficiency, and KPI-based forecasts. Along with owning quarterly planning activities and monthly close processes, the Sr. Analyst will leverage their financial modeling skillset to uncover business insights and communicate learnings to marketing & finance leadership. This position reports to the Manager of Marketing Finance.
What You'll Do Here:
- Partner with marketing leadership to manage the front-to-back marketing budget and be a strategic thought partner to help guide financial decisions
- Build and leverage KPI-based models (using customer LTV, CAC, conversion, retention metrics, etc.) to analyze marketing spend efficiency and identify key trends
- Evaluate new business opportunities (marketing partnerships, revenue share agreements, branding opportunities, etc.) from a financial perspective to provide recommendations based on ROI, payback, and strategic value
- Work cross-functionally with marketing channel leads, product GMs, and the analytics team to uncover business insights and present findings to marketing & finance leadership
- Own the quarterly planning cycle and monthly close processes for the marketing budget and prepare variance analysis
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve processes, streamline reporting and enhance our analytical capabilities
What you’ll bring:
- BS/BA in finance, business, or a related field
- 4+ years of experience in strategic FP&A, management consulting or similar experience involving financial analysis
- Excellent financial management and numerical skills, with a proven understanding of financial modeling and analysis
- Strong attention to detail and ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Team player and self-starter, with eagerness to learn, build, and make an impact
- Ability to transform complex data points into clear takeaways, and leverage insights to build a cohesive story and strategy
- Effective communication skills to navigate across multiple levels of an organization and influence cross-functional stakeholders
- Ability to operate in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment
- Superior proficiency in Excel and building complex financial models
- Growth mindset with desire to take on new opportunities and achieve career progression
- Prior experience using SAP and Hyperion Planning a plus, but not required
- SQL experience a plus, but not required
- Prior experience covering eCommerce retail, SaaS, or subscription businesses a plus, but not required
If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship or transfers for this role at this time. No candidates requiring visa sponsorship or transfer will be considered.
This is a remote position which may be performed anywhere in the United States except for within the state of Colorado.