Industrial Engineer II
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Shutterfly is the leader in personalized photo products and services, connecting you with family and friends by sharing your photos in creative and innovative ways. With this brand, our customers can create lasting keepsakes such as award-winning photo books, customized stationary for life’s biggest occasions, and unique home décor. Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.
Employee Value Proposition
Shutterfly Operations is at the heart of all Shutterfly divisions to support manufacturing with equipment, continuous improvement, systems and new products. This role will lead large scale projects across multiple sites to deliver on cost savings, quality and productivity goals.
What You'll Do here:
Handles moderately complex tasks associated with the mechanical, image/data systems process engineering function
- Develops recommendations, designs, modifications, and procedures for production process control and improvement and leads implementation of these change initiatives
- Develops design changes for equipment and plant facility layouts, workflow, process improvement and safety precautions
- Develops testing protocols and inspection criteria
- Troubleshoots production problems related to equipment and system failures and identifies corrective action
- Utilizes Lean Manufacturing methods for process improvement
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- 2 to 5 years in production or process engineering
- Lean manufacturing experience – process mapping, Kaizen events, etc…
- Cross functional project leadership experience
- Manufacturing experience