At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
Are you someone who loves teamwork and partnering closely with designers to deliver amazing creative? Do you have experience presenting omni campaigns to Creative Directors and working collaboratively with clients (internal and external)? Is time management, multi-tasking and delivering projects on time an innate part of your working style? Then read on.
We are a Creative Department seeking a Senior Copywriter to join our in-house Creative and Design team reporting to the Manager of our Copywriting team. As part of our copywriting team, you’ll work collaboratively with designers on full omni campaign work including, digital and print projects focused on direct mail, email, display ads, site updates, mobile and social media.
The ideal candidate has prior ecommerce / retail experience for brands people love, and you know how to write copy that is on brand, cuts through the clutter and engages customers. You thrive on coming up with new ideas, concepting cool, fresh creative initiatives while taking pride in generating high quality, groundbreaking work.
You have the ability to hit the ground running (literally sprinting some days) and are always looking for ways to improve. You have exceptional proofreading skills: spelling, grammar and punctuation. However, while you know the rules, you also know when to break them.
Creatives on our team are enthusiastic and thrive in a highly collaborative, sometimes quick-turnaround environment. You must be able to take direction and be able to effectively collaborate with teammates across disciplines to clarify requirements, goals, expectations and timelines. You’re an organized multitasker with a deep respect for process, and you’re always ready to bring positive vibes to the table.
Excellent communication skills are essential for this position. This role reports into the Manager, Copywriting.
- Collaborate with Creative Team, and partner with Designers to bring the brand and seasonal expression to life in all projects
- Write copy across all our channels: direct mail, app, web, display, social, and other digital touchpoints and projects as assigned
- Be an initial creative touch point, digging into the brief first and communicate information and insights to greater Creative Team
- Active participation in project Kickoffs, asking insightful questions to gain detail, clarification and alignment with Marketing Partners
- Confidently present ideas and concepts to Creative Director and internal clients (Marketing Partners) with a spirit of collaboration
- Ensure your copy is on brand, compelling and consistent
- Embrace and drive conceptual ideation process
- Adhere to brand and campaign standards to deliver work that is on brand and drives results
- Juggle a mix of long-term and quick-turnaround projects, often with overlapping priorities and urgency
- Show professionalism in all aspects of your daily tasks, including taking feedback and edits with grace and positivity
- Be self-motivated
- Continually adopt new tools and practices as the work evolves
- Manage work tasks, functions and time sheet using department’s project management tool
- 4-year Bachelor Degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Advertising; will accept adequate experience in lieu of formal education
- 5-7 years’ experience writing copy across marketing channels with a focus in digital (email, site, social, display)
- Agency experience preferred
- Retail / eCommerce experience a must
- Track record working with loved brands, writing copy that is on brand
- A solid understanding of advertising technology and digital marketing solutions
- Proven social media experience required, with a retail / ecommerce brand preferred
- Expert proofreading skills: spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Ability to prioritize workloads and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Be self-motivated and a thoughtful, yet quick problem solver
- Patience and infectious, positive attitude with a collaborative approach
- Low ego, balanced with a strong sense of ownership
- Portfolio to showcase your skills
About Shutterfly’s Creative Department
Shutterfly’s Creative Department concepts campaigns, directs photo shoots, scripts videos and executes creative campaigns that execute across catalog, email, site, print, and social media. We work with our internal marketing partners, GM and other organizations ensure our creative work is effective and distinctive from the competition.