We’re looking for a Senior Copywriter to join our in-house Creative team. This position will have the opportunity to focus on the family of Shutterfly brands and be an integral part of the campaign team.
As part of our copywriting team, you’ll work collaboratively with designers on full omni campaign work including, digital and print projects focused on direct mail, email, display ads, site updates, mobile and social media.
Our ideal candidate has experience in thinking comprehensively, storytelling, and campaign work. In-house or agency experience is preferred. We’re seeking candidates with strong content backgrounds (from print, to site, to photo, to video)---any medium that expresses a campaign.
You’ll thrive on coming up with new ideas, concepting cool, fresh creative initiatives while taking pride in generating high quality, groundbreaking work.
And of course the details of editorial. You have exceptional proofreading skills: spelling, grammar and punctuation. However, while you know the rules, you also know when to break them.
This role reports into the Manager, Copywriting.
- Collaborate with Creative Team, and partner with Designers to bring the brand and seasonal expression to life in all projects
- Write copy across all our channels: direct mail, app, web, display, social, and other digital touchpoints and projects as assigned
- Be an initial creative touch point, digging into the brief first and communicate information and insights to greater Creative Team
- Active participation in project Kickoffs, asking insightful questions to gain detail, clarification and alignment with Marketing Partners
- Confidently present ideas and concepts to Creative Director and internal clients (Marketing Partners) with a spirit of collaboration
- Ensure your copy is on brand, compelling and consistent
- Embrace and drive conceptual ideation process
- Adhere to brand and campaign standards to deliver work that is on brand and drives results
- Juggle a mix of long-term and quick-turnaround projects, often with overlapping priorities and urgency
- Show professionalism in all aspects of your daily tasks, including taking feedback and edits with grace and positivity
- Be self-motivated
- Continually adopt new tools and practices as the work evolves
- Manage work tasks, functions and time sheet using department’s project management tool
- 4-year Bachelor Degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Advertising; will accept adequate experience in lieu of formal education
- Must have an easy to submit/review portfolio (website preferred)
- Significant experience in campaign writing, through thoughts and cohesive storytelling.
- 5-7 years’ experience writing copy across marketing channels with a focus in digital (email, site, social, display)
- Agency experience preferred
- Track record working with loved brands, writing copy that is on brand
- A solid understanding of advertising technology and digital marketing solutions
- Expert proofreading skills: spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Ability to prioritize workloads and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Be self-motivated and a thoughtful, yet quick problem solver
- Patience and infectious, positive attitude with a collaborative approach
- Low ego, balanced with a strong sense of ownership
**Please include writing samples with your application**
About Shutterfly’s Creative Department
Shutterfly’s Creative Department concepts campaigns, directs photo shoots, scripts videos and executes creative campaigns that execute across catalog, email, site, print, and social media. We work with our internal marketing partners, GM and other organizations ensure our creative work is effective and distinctive from the competition.