Process & Change Manager (Contract)
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
Shutterfly is looking for a high-performing, strategic, and analytical Process Manager to join the Shutterfly Consumer Business Operations team. In this role, you report to the head of Consumer Business Operations and will develop and drive strategies to transform the overall consumer business. You will be responsible for partnering with cross functional stakeholders to evaluate processes and implement organizational and process change. ideal candidate is an energetic highly motivated, operationally minded and data-oriented leader with demonstrated strategic thought partnership and a desire to quickly get to actionable results. This role will challenge you to derive smart decisions from ambiguous data sets, inspire more junior team members and partner with leaders across a broad group of stakeholders to foster a culture of continuous improvement.
• Partner with leaders across the organization to identify high priority structural, technology-driven or process driven changes to manage to successful implementation.
• Identify business process challenges and opportunities by analyzing process data, metrics and through facilitation of teams to critically review current processes for effectiveness, quality and simplification.
• Identify and communicate risks and issues in the business processes and systems.
• Identify opportunities to optimize the entire new product launch process, all the way back to initial sourcing and development and through to launch on web and app to achieve the goals of reducing time and cost to launch and improving the success rates of new product launches
• Advocate, develop, and implement organizational, technical and process solutions to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness. Recommend innovative business and technical solutions to improve operational effectiveness.
• Provide training programs on new processes as needed.
• Lead a cross functional team that will be responsible for process assessments, and process design and redesign.
• Proactively communicate performance metrics to key stakeholders throughout the organization. Prepare regular business process reports for management.
• Monitor and measure the benefits of post process implementation to ensure quality, efficiency and improvement
• Assist in promoting the implementation of best practices.
• Use creativity to identify new data sets, and use existing data sets in new ways, to answer emerging business questions. Be solution oriented and able to take an ambiguous idea and formulate sound decision making
• Provide process and change management support for implementation of enterprise tools such as a Product Lifecycle Management tool or Product Information Management system
• Bachelors degree; MBA or relevant graduate education a plus
• 5+ years experience in ecommerce, product development or manufacturing project/program management or a relevant professional field
• Proven track record in taking ownership to deliver transformation results related to process and organizational change within a fast-paced environment
• Willing to dive deep to obtain a strong understanding of business strategies and financial goals
• Senior presence, able to clearly and consistently work side-by-side across functions and departments and synthesize multiple points of view into a coherent action plan
• Able to think both creatively and critically. Willing to think outside the box and challenge the status quo, while also fairly evaluating all possible solutions in making strategic decisions
• Able to manage through ambiguous and subjective situations, including balancing operational efficiency and data analysis with high quality standards and a sense of what is right for the customer
• Able to manage many projects and drive multiple threads of work to completion
• Superb communication skills, clear and concise in both written and verbal communication
• Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Positive, energetic attitude
• Change Management, Lean/Project /Program Mgt. certification a strong plus
• Technical background or technical orientation preferred