National Sales Professional - University (Philadelphia)
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
Lifetouch has been the professional photography choice for schools and families for more than 80 years. Built on the tradition of “Picture Day” Lifetouch captures smiling faces, preschool through high school graduation. We also reach our customers through additional product lines including portrait studios, yearbooks, sports, and events.
The University Sales Executive is responsible for senior photography, yearbook, and commencement growth within assigned geographic area, ultimately driving, and maximizing profitable growth.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for new business to include senior photography, yearbooks and commencement account acquisition and retention in a geographically defined area.
- Develops strategy for profit improvement opportunities and sales plans.
- Owns the sales process including defining the strategy, prospecting, closing by promoting Lifetouch programs, products and/or services to new accounts within the assigned region to achieve sales goals. Upselling yearbooks where applicable.
- Identifies and implements competitive intelligence and response activities. Aggressively implements account profitability initiatives to drive overall profit contribution, balancing short- and long-term requirements.
- Makes sales calls to assigned accounts and prospects; implements, manages, and executes business development plans for the assigned customers and prospects.
- Ensures coverage and market share growth through the canvassing of college and university level prospect accounts.
- Safe-guards all customer, employee and company proprietary and personal information ensuring customer and employee data is kept confidential at all times.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years in outside sales experience, selling solutions-oriented services.
Other (knowledge, skills, and abilities)
- Strategic planning in implementing, managing and executing business development plans
- Results-focused with a proven track record of taking ownership and driving growth
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of audiences, including presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence others.
- Competitive and driven to exceed through individual and team performance
- Creative thinking as it relates to prospecting and networking with new and existing customers, strong hunting skills
- Excellent business and financial acumen as well as excellent negotiations skills
- Valid driver’s license as well as reliable, insured and registered transportation. Vehicle insurance must be current and in compliance with state law
- Ability to travel via car and air up to 50% within the assigned region (Some seasons may involve more travel time and others less)
- Salesforce experience is a plus
The Skills You’ll Bring:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of proven outside sales experience
- Proven selling skills specifically related to growing existing accounts and/or acquiring new business, with the ability to identify unique customer needs
- Results-focused with demonstrated ability to meet and exceed goals
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of audiences
- Excellent customer service skills
- Highly organized and resourceful problem solvers
It’s helpful to have, but not required:
- Bachelor's degree
- Prior experience working in the Educational Arena
What we offer:
- Competitive base pay plus commissions
- Exceptional culture
- Ongoing training
- 401K, health benefits and paid time off being Day 1 of employment
- Mileage reimbursement
- Company laptop
- Shutterfly discounts
If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship or transfers for this role at this time. No candidates requiring visa sponsorship or transfer will be considered.