AP Specialist (Contractor)
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
What You'll Do Here:
- Respond to external vendors and internal managers regarding all aspects of the Accounts payable process, including processing invoices for payment, recording payroll and sales tax.
- Research information to provide accurate and timely solutions to internal clients and vendors at multiple locations.
- Receive and handle incoming calls and emails from vendors.
- Review and ensure compliance with internal controls.
- Verify the accuracy of vendor invoices and confirm the correct general ledger account codes are used.
- Inspect paid and unpaid invoices including cleared payment inquiries and check voiding to maintain accurate files and records according to company standards.
- Review automatic payments to ensure correct coding and authorization as well as sufficient contracts and documentation.
- Develop and maintain a filing system for financial information, records and documents to ensure easily available information.
- Monitor account balances, track expenses, assist with month end procedures and prepare month end reconciliations
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the department in on going training of the ERP systems
- Work to find ways to improve processes and gain efficiencies
- Participate as needed on special projects.
- Performs other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned
What You'll Bring:
- Associate degree in Accounting or relevant work experience
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong problem-solving skills and work ethics
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- 5 to 7 years’ experience working in Accounts Payable
- Experience in a large company with multi-organizations.
Other (knowledge, skills, and abilities):
- Basic understanding of general accounting principles
- Understanding of internal control practices and SOX compliance
If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship or transfers for this role at this time. No candidates requiring visa sponsorship or transfer will be considered.