Machine Operation Lead
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
The role of the Machine Operator Lead is to join the Operations team in serving Spoonflower’s community of designers, fabric lovers, and creative customers.
- 2nd: Monday - Thursday, 4pm-2am
- 3rd: Friday-Sunday, 6am-6pm
- Oversee the production and workflow in their product line and optimize workflow through the factory.
- Identify and escalate downtime trends on equipment in their zone.
- Communication upstream to Print for product miss-match and other concerns.
- Manage the printing, cutting, cubbing, shipping and/or sublimating of orders on their shift.
- Key Equipment Responsibilities may include: Prestos, Durst, Zund, HP, Eton, dye sublimation, Paper cutting/rerolling equipment, or shipping equipment. Other equipment to be added as needed.
- Follows and enforces all facility and department safety rules
- Conducts safety walk through within the department and facility and holds safety meetings
- Reports any and all injuries or prohibited activities to manager on a very timely basis
- Conducts weekly Quality meetings discussing QA and customer feedback
- Conducts one on one discussions with associates in reference to specific quality issues
- Understands and communicates all production metrics within the department
- Conducts daily/weekly meetings discussing results and daily plans
- Creates cross-training matrix to show the cross-training needs of the department
- Works with forecast planning and sets goals for the departments
- Understands and executes whatever it takes for on-time fulfillment of all products
- Gets directives and predetermined work assignments from Shift Manager
- Keeps the Shift Manager informed as to actual versus goal throughout the shift
- Promptly report errors and road blocks to the Shift Manger and / or Technical staff
- Assist operators by answering questions and demonstrating operations
- Make recommendations for new procedures Review with Shift Manager any personnel needs/issues on a daily basis
- Experience with high volume repetitive manufacturing
- Previous Lead Operator experience in manufacturing a plus
- 2 Year Associates Degree preferred
- Solid computer knowledge to include Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel
- Ability to work at a fast pace while standing
- Detail oriented and has good record keeping skills
- Excellent communication skills to include record keeping, electronic, and personal
- Must be dependable, reliable and have a good work ethic
- Flexible on work schedule
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs., mobility to crouch, reach, bend and do repetitive actions with hands and arms
- Adaptability to change, willingness to learn new jobs