Merchandising Analyst II (Looker, PowerBI)
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.
The Marketplace team is focused on building tools and services for the Artist; bringing their art to life through an easy-to-use platform, state-of-the-art image processing, and distribution channels and strategies that ensure consistency and quality. The Artist Community and Design Marketplace at Spoonflower and Shutterfly is expansive, ever-growing, and rich, and we aspire to be the premier destination for Artists to monetize their creativity.
The Merchandising Manager, Shutterfly Custom Design is responsible for distilling Spoonflower’s vast design marketplace and product selection into successful inventories for Shutterfly products, and testing into additional new storefronts.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage and grow product selection across our owned brands - Shutterfly, Snapfish, & Spoonflower
- Collaborate on a team that also merchandies our 3rd Party Marketplaces globally, including Etsy, Amazon, eBay, Walmart, and Wayfair channels.
- Execute quarterly strategies backed by data & insights to advise brand-specific plans and drive growth, remaining agile to react to emerging consumer shifts and trends
- Translate learnings from customer trends and surface them for use across other Performance Marketing channels
- Train and oversee the efforts of listing interns and assistants
- Work with the Customer Service team to create effective product data insights that empower shoppers with product information; increasing conversion and removing friction in the pre/post-purchase experience
- Partner closely with Product Visualization teams to develop and implement effective creative assets for use on our marketplaces
- Optimize listing titles and tags for discovery via marketplace search and ensure it meets marketplace requirements and standards
- Maintain a high level of industry knowledge and expertise on 3rd party marketplaces and the Spoonflower design marketplace
- Ongoing evaluation of inventory success with a view toward continuous improvement and optimization
- Collaborate with Marketing and Product teams to share takeaways and insights aimed to help designers grow and succeed
Experience & Skills
- A BA/BS (or equivalent experience)
- For internal candidates, you must have at least one year of experience at Spoonflower or Shutterfly or have been in your most recent job for one year before being eligible to apply
- 3+ years of e-commerce and merchandise planning experience
- Experience and passion for both e-commerce and third-party marketplaces
- An eye for style, branding and product quality with an ability to identify imagery that drives engagement
- A high degree of curiosity to improve product performance. You are analytical with the ability to organize and scrutinize a large quantity of data and derive relevant insights.
- You are proficient in Excel (pivot tables and formulas). Bonus: you have experience writing SQL queries
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage your workload efficiently. A self-driven mindset and the ability to work independently
- Experience making data driven decisions to achieve goals
- Desire and ability to operate in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects and changing priorities. The ability to adapt and effectively handle and adjust to changes in priorities and assignments.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; the ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences . Adapt communication style appropriately.
- Passionate about surface design and cares deeply about facilitating success for our designer community
- Experience merchandising or buying for the home decor industry
- eCommerce Inventory and Feeds Management platform (ChannelAdvisor or similar)
- Developing optimized content for listings and advertising focused on customer discovery and acquisition
- Third Party Marketplace account management, including Etsy, Amazon, eBay and Walmart
- In-depth knowledge of art and design
If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship or transfers for this role at this time. No candidates requiring visa sponsorship or transfer will be considered.