Hours: Morning/Am shift, typical start time between 5:30am and 7:30am
BorrowLenses is looking for a detail-oriented, organized, and energetic Inventory Supervisor! This position heads a team of 5 employees, including inventory specialists. You will field the more complex daily questions while also tackling high level, long term inventory strategy. If you love Excel, exceed as a people manager, and do well in balancing long and short-term goals, this is the job for you!
The Inventory Supervisor oversees the daily operations for the department. The team is split between two coasts, so this position requires excellent communication skills, time management, and organization. This person guides inventory specialist on how to best work with other teams, solves high level problems, is the final word on west coast inventory procedures, and acts as a resource for other teams on larger inventory processes.
The position works with their own inventory team as well as being the point of contact for several Shutterfly departments. Monthly repair audits, quarterly physical inventories, and annual SOX audits will be run by this person. The Inventory Supervisors works closely with the Inventory Manger to help reconcile Shutterfly’s book of record with inventory software and to answer all inventory control questions. They also meet regularly with other BorrowLenses managers to strategize future purchase planning, facilitate necessary inventory changes, and continuously improve warehouse processes, and supports key initiatives of the Borrowlenses brand.
- Lead Annual SOX Prep (Annual, April/May)
- Works with Inventory Manager on Monthly Write-Off Approvals
- Heads monthly repair audits, quarterly physical inventories, and annual SOX audit
- Participate in high level planning of future gear purchases
- Maintain Cycle Count archive
- Initiate and drive inventory software improvements for warehouse tasks/operations
- Maintain a mentality of continuous improvement for inventory as well as the rest of the warehouse
- Supervise and develop team of inventory specialist
- 2-5 years in retail inventory or similar field
- 1-2 years of people management
- Excel, database software (Filemaker, etc) proficiency required
- BA/BS preferred
- Photo/video experience preferred