Director, Process Innovation
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
With the responsibility of working across several cross-functional teams, this position will oversee development of requirements for broad manufacturing system capabilities, equipment interfaces, visual management tools, and processes that support the effective movement of product through the manufacturing environment.
What You'll Do Here...
- Manage a team of five or more process engineers or other technical staff assigned with the responsibility to define and generate requirements in support of manufacturing partners, Product PIT teams, and R&D.
- Develop standardized processes for creating, tracking, and testing manufacturing system requirements.
- Work with Product and Development Teams to properly develop and deploy enterprise-wide manufacturing systems.
- Serve as the common point of contact for functional testing against initial requirements and final end-to-end system validation for user acceptance testing.
- Coordinate seasonal readiness activities, including product setup, new product introduction and system enhancements in support of continuous improvement activities.
- Support development of initial training material associated with system deployment and enhancement.
- Provide ongoing communication to business partners and status updates related to key projects. Drive prioritization discussions with development partners to ensure on-time delivery of solutions for the manufacturing environment.
The Skills You'll Bring...
- Proven leadership experience running a team of individuals focused on process management or operations.
- Experience in managing large projects spanning multiple cross-functional partners.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing, six sigma, or related continuous improvement methods are a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Technology, Engineering, Project Management or Business Administration.