Sr. Manager, Software Engineering
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship for this role at this time. No candidates requiring visa sponsorship will be considered.
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products.
Shutterfly Business Solutions (SBS) enables other large companies to connect with their customers using web-to-print software solutions. SBS Technology is responsible for delivering cutting edge software solutions developed on Innovation Core platform and manufacturing PaaS services.
We are looking for a Senior Manager, Software Engineering who can own end-to-end responsibilities from Business Interface to Software Development and Delivery for customers ranging from Fortune 10 companies to small businesses.
The position involves managing 4 Lead Software Engineers and a Lead Quality Engineer, with extensive technical project management, architecture reviews and customer SLA management.
Candidates must have a pragmatic approach to Software Development and a passion for technology and incremental delivery in a fast growth environment with excellent customer focus, sense-of-urgency and communication skills.
- End-to-end ownership (Cradle to Grave: Architecture, Development, QA, Infrastructure, Release, Support) for the assigned SBS line of business applications
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to define clear functional requirements (epics/features/user stories)
- Create and maintain delivery plans. Ensure development teams deliver on committed plans
- Engage technical teams on architecture and technology best practices (microservices, component reuse, distributed and cloud app design patterns) and quality processes (code reviews, test automation and metrics)
- Manage Business Interface and Customer Support SLAs
- Report on Development status and Production Support to Leadership
- Recruit, retain and develop Software Engineering talent
- 10+ year’s experience managing Software Development and Delivery (including Production Support, Customer SLAs, Business Interface)
- 5+ year’s experience managing Software Development Teams (including QA) in a formal Development or Engineering Manager role
- Exceptional technical project management skills (white board design with teams, define work tasks/estimates and create schedules) with ability to manage multiple product lines and projects with competing priorities
- Experience with hands-on Software Development (using Java or .NET) and Architecture (microservices, PaaS, distributed scale Apps)
- Excellent customer focus, sense-of-urgency and communication skills
- Must have a positive, Can Do! Attitude
- Experience implementing Agile Scrum Process
- Strong customer focus and owner mindset
- Open-Source Java, Spring Framework, Spring Boot
- DevOps (CI/CD, Containerization, Cloud/AWS migration)
- BS/MS in Computer Science
- Proven track record of delivering Software Products