At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Lifetouch has been the professional photography choice for schools and families for more than 80 years. Built on the tradition of “Picture Day” Lifetouch captures smiling faces, preschool through high school graduation. We also reach our customers through additional product lines including portrait studios, yearbooks, sports, and events.
Shutterfly’s Lifetouch division is undergoing a digital transformation from legacy on-premise systems to a modern, AWS based, event driven platform. A Lead Systems Architect will play a pivotal role in this transformation by being a technology leader who can drive the technical direction to align technology with our strategic priorities. It is a role that requires a breadth of knowledge across design, development, infrastructure, and operations of an IT organization. They will define the future state of the technology platform and create a roadmap to implement the vision. The roadmap will encompass the software design in addition to the infrastructure and operational needs of the company. This is a challenging role that will need to constantly learn emerging technologies and develop a keen sense for how and when to apply the technologies to Lifetouch’s unique business.
What You'll Do Here:
● Participates in product roadmap planning. Provides technical input and t-shirt sizing to assist the Product owners in prioritizing roadmap features.
● Collaborate with the business, product and engineering teams to understand the requirements for features and create a solution design across a large scale platform to support the features
● Defines in written documents non-functional requirements based on business vision, best practices and architectural direction.
● Develop and document in-depth knowledge of assigned domain architecture, infrastructure, and technology portfolio.
● Works closely with application architects and leads to guide the technical implementation of shared artifacts, business logic, data, security and infrastructure.
● Maintain ongoing communications with project teams, verifying that what was designed was built and adjusting the solution architecture as appropriate throughout the project.
● Provide guidance in trouble shooting sessions
● Strong ownership, communication and leadership skills. Ability to present and explain technical designs and business requirements to other team members.
● Assists in evangelizing adoption of new standards, techniques, products and methodologies.
● Demonstrate a strong initiative and follow through in executing project responsibilities, overcoming obstacles, and balancing multiple priorities effectively.
What You'll Bring:
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent experience
● Eight to ten years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
● Candidate must have experience creating solution architectures for projects across multiple systems and teams
● Candidate must have extensive hands-on development experience using Java based technologies and Single Page Applications technologies
● Candidate must have experience in building highly scalable decoupled event driven systems in Amazon AWS.
● Candidate must be able to accommodate occasional travel for project initiatives.
Other (knowledge, skills, and abilities):
● Experience with Linux based systems and to a lesser extent Windows systems.
● Experience with web services, OAuth patterns, XML and JSON.
● Experience building and deploying applications.
● Working knowledge of messaging platforms used for synchronous and asynchronous integrations and streaming platforms such as Kafka.
● Working knowledge of relational and non-relational databases
● Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
● Experience with domain driven design.
● Ability to mentor and lead other technical team members without having direct supervision responsibility
● Knowledge of data privacy issues and laws.
● Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to present to groups and conduct educational sessions.
If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship or transfers for this role at this time. No candidates requiring visa sponsorship or transfer will be considered. #LI-JK1