Experienced Data Engineer-Marketing Platform Team
This role is for a Data Engineer within Shutterfly’s Marketing Technology Platform team. The Marketing Platform is responsible for building and maintaining software tools for the Marketing organization at Shutterfly Inc. You will play a critical role in owning and automating multiple key components in the Customer Personalization Initiatives. The Customer Personalization Initiative is focused on driving long-term customer value via a more personalized, 1:1 approach to marketing and personalized user experiences.
- Design, develop, implement, test, document, and operate end-to-end daily pipelines.
- Collaborate on, build and maintain new solutions for marketing business and marketing analytics teams
- Use REST APIs to build integrations and connect data sets to cloud-based applications and 3rd party tools and platforms
- Adhere to version control and release management
- Enhance and maintain existing features by improving and scaling the supporting code
- Implement the new technology tools and frameworks where/when needed
- 5+ Years experience in software development/Data Engineering
- BS/BA in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, JS, C++, Scala
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow
- Experience with relational databases (such as Redshift, Postgres) and non-relational databases (dynamodb, mongodb), strong knowledge of SQL
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, Lambda, (EMR or Databricks)
- Experience with big data frameworks such as Hadoop, Apache Spark a big plus
- Experience with stream-processing systems is a plus: Apache Flink, Kafka, Kinesis, Spark-Streaming a big plus