Marketing Manager, Direct Mail
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Shutterfly is the leader in personalized photo products and services, connecting you with family and friends by sharing your photos in creative and innovative ways. With this brand, our customers can create lasting keepsakes such as award-winning photo books, customized stationary for life’s biggest occasions, and unique home décor.
Overview & Outcomes
The Shutterfly marketing team is seeking a highly motivated and action-oriented Marketing Manager to support the Direct Mail team. You will be a key member of the Marketing team. The Manager will drive planning and execution for Direct Mail (DM) campaigns across various programs including Catalog.
This role involves managing Direct Mail creative execution and budgets. Successful candidates will possess strong marketing fundamentals, strong organizational and cross-functional collaboration skills plus deep analytical and Excel experience.
The Direct Mail Manager will plan and execute the DM campaigns, driving overall strategy and test plans, budget recommendations, manage creative development, and work with cross-functional teams. This role will also oversee key relationships with the printers, service bureau, list brokers, and internal database resources to execute on the customer targeting and prospecting strategy.
Great to Haves (Your Skills)
- Drive. Exceed new and existing customer revenue goals by developing and executing high impact direct mail campaigns.
- Budgeting acumen. Develop quarterly DM program plans, including forecasting revenue and budget requirements. Ensure programs are optimized for costs and within budget.
- Strategic Mindset. Develop strategies and plans for new and existing DM programs and get buy-in from key stakeholders. Identify program opportunities and create actionable plans to integrate these insights into DM strategies.
- Executional Excellence. Put together circulation/mail plans including house file segmentation and work with outside vendors on list rentals.
- Deep Understanding of Direct Marketing Tactics. Work with in-house Creative team to develop cutting edge, high quality direct marketing materials; serve as “best practices” expert to optimize efficiency and quality of deliverables
- Strong Communication Skills. Write cohesive, organized and logical creative and test briefs for key programs. Lead efficient and effective meetings.
- Highly Analytical. Put together clear and concise analyses of overall program results through data interpretation, including recommendations based on segment performance and test results.
- Project Management. Ensure assigned deliverables meet expectations, are on strategy and are on time.
- Collaborative. Work closely with cross-functional teams, such as Integrated Marketing and Merchandise to implement integrated, on-brand DM campaigns.
Great to Haves (Your Background)
- Minimum 10 years of retail marketing experience; Direct Mail and/or Email Marketing.
- You have provided input into continuous process improvements and driven ad-hoc projects to support team scalability.
- You’ve worked directly with creative teams and/or ad agencies and evaluated creative assets.
- Your strong project management skills lead to success with cross functional teams: collaborating with creative, product, business, and management.
- You have demonstrated exceptional organizational skills and time management. You have the ability to manage multiple projects at once with strong attention to detail.
- You are an independent self-starter; with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and willing to wear many hats.
- You have demonstrated the ability to manage expectations and proactively find solutions when issues arise.
Shutterfly is committed to a “hybrid” work model with a balance between remote work and in-person collaboration. As such, you should be located proximate to one of our primary offices: San Francisco Bay Area or Minneapolis MN.
Committed to making all of life’s experiences unforgettable, today Shutterfly is a leading digital retailer and manufacturing platform for photography and personalized products, with ambition to become the world’s leading marketplace of design-centric, personalized products that foster one’s self-expression.
At Shutterfly, we value people who:
- Own it, by delivering on their commitments and take responsibility to go above and beyond any defined role;
- Zoom out, to see the big picture and don’t let silo’s get in the way of the success of our customers, communities or company;
- Move fearlessly, and quickly without sacrificing quality in seizing opportunities and tackling challenges;
- Explore new angles, through hunger and curiosity, welcoming change, seeking improvement, learning equally from success and failure;
- Embrace differences, foster an environment where all voices are heard, ensuring others feel respected, supported and appreciated.
Shutterfly operates three divisions: Consumer, Lifetouch, and Shutterfly Business Solutions. The Consumer division helps customers create the most from life’s moments through its flagship personalized Shutterfly products; premium offerings in its Tiny Prints boutique; Snapfish custom photo gifts, as well as wedding invitations and stationery; and GrooveBook, a monthly subscription service. Lifetouch is the national leader in school photography, built on the enduring tradition of “Picture Day,” and also serves families through portrait studios and other partnerships. Shutterfly Business Solutions delivers enterprise digital printing services that enable efficient and effective customer engagement through personalized communications.