Learning & Development Specialist II
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Lifetouch has been the professional photography choice for schools and families for more than 80 years. Built on the tradition of “Picture Day” Lifetouch captures smiling faces, preschool through high school graduation. We also reach our customers through additional product lines including portrait studios, yearbooks, sports, and events.
The Learning & Development Specialist is responsible for the assessment, design, development, delivery, and evaluation of learning solutions that support Lifetouch’s field organization and drive operational excellence, with an emphasis on creating and maintaining innovative and engaging learning content. This position will lead complex training projects focused on aligning learning solutions with business priorities, and will develop productive partnerships with business owners and subject matter experts across all business lines as needed, with an emphasis on operations processes and systems. Additionally, this role will support the future implementation and maintenance of a Learning Management System (LMS). This position supports the learning and development of all North American field Operations Team Members (US and Canada).
What You'll Do Here:
- Collaborate with business leaders and subject matter experts to understand operational business needs/objectives and assess learning gaps.
- Manage cross-functional and multifaceted training projects, driving alignment and action.
- Design, develop and deliver materials that support training objectives, core processes, and performance management.
- Create repeatable, blended training programs that include virtual, instructor-led, onsite coaching, e-learning, video, and written deliverables.
- Track and monitor training effectiveness, and take appropriate action to address gaps.
- Provide administrative support for future Learning Management System (LMS).
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in Training and Development, Education, Instructional Design, Communications, or a related discipline.
- 3-5 years Learning & Development/Instructional Design experience.
- Experience with learning authoring tools such as Articulate Storyline/Rise, Adobe Captivate, Camtasia, etc.
- Experience developing dynamic learning solutions and materials using the ADDIE model and other best practices.
- Experience conducting gap analyses and needs assessments.
- Experience with a variety of evaluation techniques and methodologies to measure learner’s success and propose modifications for learning effectiveness.
- Experience planning and managing large, cross-functional projects.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge and experience with adult learning theory and its practical application in a business environment.
- Demonstrated initiative, resourceful, and ability to prioritize multiple tasks and goals.
- Consultative approach, demonstrating credibility, exceptional verbal and written communication skills, relationship-building, and influencing skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all levels within the organization, driving alignment and action.
- Strong business acumen.
- Strong facilitating and presenting skills.
- Strong command of Microsoft Office skills.
- Knowledge of Learning Management System (LMS) processes.
- Learning & Development Teams at Lifetouch & Shutterfly
- Field Support and Field Execution Teams
- Regional Operations Directors and Managers, Area Managers and Operations Managers
- Product Teams
- Marketing Teams
If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship or transfers for this role at this time. No candidates requiring visa sponsorship or transfer will be considered.