Sr. Director, Consumer Insights & Analytics
We are searching for a Sr. Director of Consumer & Performance Data who will lead our global performance data platform. Our data platform manages billions of images, enables a high volume ecommerce data, facilitates manufacturing automation, & integrates to some of the leading social platforms in the industry. This crucial position will shape the future of data & analytics at Shutterfly, inc. and drive new innovations in our data-driven environment. We are looking for someone who has a successful track record of creating enterprise data strategies, driving innovative solutions, and managing sophisticated data operations. The position will support key business teams and leaders throughout the organization.
- Manage data operations of our global consumer & performance data platform which handles Petabytes of data
- Manage and grow a large team of onshore and offshore Data engineers, architects, and managers & works to continuously enhance service quality
- Proactive planning & management of the data ingress, data pipelines and feature engineering functions in support of advanced customer facing ML solutions
- Develop strong relationships with data science, engineering and business partners, and improve quality, capabilities, costs and efficiency of data and data systems at Shutterfly.
- Align all stakeholders on common objectives, goals, funding, prioritization and resources to enable successful delivery
- Lead strategy discussions & Coordinate roadmaps with Architecture and Operations with data partners to gather information to be used to drive new data-driven solutions
- Leads team in the adoption of emerging cloud technologies and fosters innovation
- Lead data engineering teams to develop sophisticated solutions that solve complex business problem
- Establish and apply best practices, policies, and processes for all aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle for DW solutions
- Enable process efficiency and quality measurements that guide continuous improvement within our data operations
- Coordinate processes and procedures with PM and PMO functions for the successful, on-time delivery of cross-functional projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics/Finance or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree is highly preferred
- 12+ years of experience leading a data engineering team in a highly sophisticated environment
- 12+ years of experience in development and data engineering and extensive experience in building petabytes scale Big Data architecture using AWS services & open-source technologies.
- 12+ years of experience with automation, optimized data processing and data integration
- 12+ years of experience facilitating and leading data solution design, architecture & delivery planning activities across geographically diverse and multi-disciplinary teams
- 5+ years of experience with program management inclusive of managing work in an agile environment
- 5+ years of data product management experience
- 5+ years of experience with data governance
- An entrepreneurial mentality and self-starter with track record of achieving bold goals
- Adept at establishing relationships with teammates at all levels and persuading senior leadership to prioritize your recommendations