Sr. Pricing/Business Data Analyst
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
Shutterfly is seeking a highly motivated, strategic, action-oriented Senior Business/Data Analyst to analyze pricing and promotional performance, help define and drive the pricing strategy, and execute price related programs for the Shutterfly and Snapfish brands. You will be part of a talented team that plans and executes pricing and promotional programs designed to maximize Shutterfly Inc. revenue while maintaining target margins.
This role requires you to work out of the Eden Prairie, MN Office.
We are seeking a strong but collaborative individual who is capable of pulling insights from data analysis, translating into pricing recommendations, and working cross-functionally to drive successful execution.
As a Senior Business/Data Analyst you will partner closely with key business units and marketing team leaders to determine strategies, set-up test plans, and execute programs.
What You'll Do Here:
* Develop, plan and recommend pricing actions that drive additional revenue and profit for the company.
* Strategic pricing projects as identified by the Pricing & Promotions team.
* Create and maintain a competitive tracker of competitor prices and discounts.
* Data entry and organization of promotions
* Support the pricing team in modeling revenue and margin opportunities.
* Obtain and analyze historical pricing and promotional data and recommend opportunities to optimize strategies and other key insights.
* Provide insights into new segmentations or targeting opportunities and create actionable plans to integrate these insights into actionable strategies.
* Work cross functionally with other groups to ensure we have up-to-date COGS so we can make informed decisions when pricing new products.
* Ensure flawless execution of pricing and promotions related projects and initiatives.
* Ensure prices and discounts are optimized across Shutterfly products.
* Develop innovative methods and tools for reviewing, analyzing, forecasting and presenting pricing performance metrics.
* Run extensive analysis on promotional and list price changes, targeted campaign performance, new customer trends, and acquisition price strategy to maximize long-term growth.
* Ensure S&H prices are optimized across all shipping methods, including International shipments.
* Work cross functionally with other groups to translate strategies into specific pricing programs.
* Understand the causes of financial and competitive market trends and anomalies.
* Determine the break/even volume and the effect which promotions will have on average sale prices (ASP).
* Drive development of quantitative models necessary for the evaluation and implementation of new pricing strategies.
* Analyze and solve business problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
* Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
* Write quality SQL code to retrieve and analyze data.
* Create Tableau dashboards to educate the business on business trends
* Create and maintain competitive pricing and promo model as a resource for key stakeholders in the company.
What You'll Bring:
* BA/BS required with a strong quantitative / analytical background
* 1 - 5 years of experience in an analytical role within Finance, Marketing, Business Operations, or similar functional area
* Intermediate/advanced SQL query skills required
* Retail and/or Ecommerce experience a plus, but not required
* Experience with a business intelligence reporting tool (Tableau, Cognos, Business Objects, etc.) a plus, but not required
* Experience in an analytical role within Finance, Marketing, or similar functional area a plus, but not required
* Ability to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.