Business Strategy Specialist
At Lifetouch (part of the Shutterfly family of brands), we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Lifetouch has been the professional photography choice for schools and families for more than 85 years. Built on the tradition of “Picture Day” Lifetouch captures smiling faces, preschool through high school graduation. We also reach our customers through additional product lines including portrait studios, yearbooks, sports, and events. Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.
Lifetouch, a Shutterfly Inc. company is an industry-leader with operations in all 50 states and Canada. Employees enjoy our fast-paced, collaborative culture and the ability to directly impact our business. Respect, integrity, teamwork, and passion are at the core of what we do. Join a team with a vision is to shape the future of professional photography, celebrate the power of human connection, and capture life’s moments authentically.
Lifetouch has a dynamic opportunity for an experienced Business Specialist to join a highly collaborative and energetic team as a key contributor within the yearbook business.
The Business Line Specialist II will leverage professional expertise and experience to support day-to-day success, as well as the future growth of the business line, from strategy creation to cross functional organization.
This Business Specialist II is someone who:
- Is proactive and a dedicated team player with a positive attitude. Our team is highly energetic and collaborative.
- Can juggle! Not really, but you will be balancing multiple projects.
- Thrives working in a fast-paced and evolving environment
- Is curious and willing to challenge the status quo
- Is motivated and energized every day by anticipating, assessing, and translating customer needs into actionable tactics
- Likes to travel a bit! What better way to learn about the business than to visit some of our manufacturing facilities, area sales offices, and even meet our customers? (Only 10%)
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support go to market strategies and seasonal/annual plans for owned business line (strategy, yearbook offerings, customer education, etc.)
- Ideate and bring to life inspirational resources and educational tools that delight our customers and drive satisfaction metrics.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to drive strategic initiatives that will result in profitable sales for the business line, drive deeper host and consumer engagement, and elevate the customer experience.
- Understand and track competitive landscape
- Interpret market research, web application analytics, and account performance measurement data - convert into proposed product improvements and advancements
- Lead cross-functional projects and be able to influence key stakeholders, outside of direct reporting structures, to deliver on-time and quality work
- Oversee cross-functional project plans to meet in-market timelines
- Collaborate with employee and host advisory boards
- Other projects and duties as assigned
Ideal Qualifications to Be Considered. . . But open to the best fit for the team!
Education: Four-year degree in marketing or related business degree.
Experience: 3-5+ years of business strategy or marketing. Experience in product management, sales enablement or merchandising departments is preferred.
- Experience in development and delivery of presentations to a variety of internal audiences: peers, leadership, and field offices
- Experience in demand generation execution and digital campaign design
- Knowledge of and the ability to apply basic strategy concepts (SWOT, competitive analysis, brand positioning etc.) used in the development of marketing plans
- Experience with financial budgeting, tracking, and reporting
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Drive applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the year
Who you will be working with (AKA, you will get to know a lot of fun people)
- Training & Development, Marketing, Sales, Sales Operations, Field Operations, Business Intelligence, Information Systems and Data Warehouse teams, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Product Teams
- External vendor partners: Market research and business consultants
- External: Host Advisory Boards