The Data Scientist will be responsible for designing and directing experiments and observational studies to optimize our marketing efforts. This role requires an individual with a strong ability to communicate and collaborate across functional teams, in addition to outstanding analytical and critical thinking skills. The role will have a strong focus on experimental design to support the LifeTouch brand.
- Directly impact resource allocation decisions by designing and directing experiments and observational studies
- Partner with the marketing and business strategy teams to define and test hypotheses that answer critical business questions
- Perform deep-dive statistical analysis on large, complex, multi-dimensional datasets.
- Develop and contribute to a base of understanding that allows us to make optimal resource allocation decisions
- Advanced degree (MS, Ph.D.) in quantitative fields, and 2-3 years of experience with a range of techniques, tools, and methods related to data mining and statistical analysis
- Strong ability with a statistical language such as R or SAS, and hands-on experience using a variety of analytical methods
- Experience with or strong working knowledge of experimental design concepts, regardless of industry/discipline
- Hands-on experience with SQL, working knowledge of database design
- Familiarity with internet marketing data collection methods and marketing technology, including search marketing, social marketing, and ad serving platforms
- Creative mind with strong communication and interpersonal skills; talented with simplifying abstract business issues and large amounts of data into actionable analyses; must be able to interact with diverse groups of technical and non-technical people
-Track record of contributing to successful end-to-end analytic solutions (clarifying business objectives and hypotheses, communicating project deliverables and timelines, and informing action based on findings)
- Strong desire to articulate business recommendations based on analytical work