Post Production Digital Stylist, Photo Studio
You have deep knowledge how product designs should look and flow. Your creative process is boosted by your strong organizational skills and precision to detail. You’re highly accountable and able to work with minimal oversight and supervision, however creative cross-functional collaboration is one of your love languages. You have the ability to make business critical decisions and the business acumen to know when to escalate issues. Friendly, yet direct, your communication style is compassionate and empathetic while also being transparent. There’s ease in your workflow, and your ability to flex doesn’t just live on your yoga mat. A pivot or priority shift doesn’t harsh your mellow.
We’re a Creative Department building a small yet fierce post production team looking for the right Post Production Digital Stylist to join our in-house team of ego-free misfits. Our creatives are enthusiastic and high-functioning, thriving in a highly collaborative, sometimes quick-turn environment. Positive vibes only. Well, at least 93% of the time (we’re only human).
About the Role:
The Post Production Digital Stylist is a high-level individual contributor who can create high quality Art Files from indesign design files and stock photos. Working alongside creatives, the role supports creating product art files that are critical in our photographs that are used across Shutterfly. The Post Production Digital Stylist is expected to identify gaps and opportunities, taking ownership for sourcing the most accurate, new, and relevant assets across the entire Shutterfly family of brands. This is a hands-on role, part of a larger Creative and Design team under the Creative Studio umbrella. Reports to the Supervisor, Post Production.
- Create Art files for retoucher in adobe illustrator, photoshop, and indesign.
- Passionate about design, copy, and photo direction.
- Has the ability to visualize what things will look like when presented with a blank canvas.
- Ability to style photographs that have all ready been created and have not been created with designs, copy, and photographs.
- Collaborate with creative, merch, photo, photo sourcing, and design teams to create up to date product decisions.
- Document, collaborate, and innovate on processes.
- Able to take direction and create art files exactly as requested and push back when something isn’t working.
- Proactively validating the most up to date designs, stock photos, and product is being shown accurately.
- Be hands-on when needed and ensure on-time delivery.
- Maintain flexibility to address unanticipated and overlapping project work.
- Transparent communication and
- Display innovative thinking, championing better ways to deliver on internal client requests.
- Show professionalism in all aspects of your daily tasks, including taking feedback and edits with grace and positivity.
- Loves to continually learn and take creative risks.
- Manage work tasks, functions and time sheet using department’s project management tool.
- Degree in Photography, Design, Video, Visual Arts, or Fine Arts highly preferred, but will accept equivalent experience or related studies in lieu of formal education.
- 5+ Years Working in an agency or corporate and/or as staff, contract, and/or freelance.
- Accustomed to the high intensity level of an e-commerce studio environment, and ability to thrive under tight deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize workloads and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Be self-motivated and a thoughtful, yet quick problem solver.
- Patience and infectious, positive attitude with a collaborative approach.
- Low ego, balanced with confidence and a healthy sense of personal drive, ambition and ownership.
- A great attitude and flexibility towards business and its ever-changing, sometimes ambiguous nature.
- Strong problem solver/solutions oriented.
- Sense of humor and the ability to have fun doing what you love.
- Big plus if you know how to retouch.