Equipment Maintenance Technician--FULL-TIME CORE POSITION!!
At Lifetouch (part of the Shutterfly family of brands), we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Lifetouch has been the professional photography choice for schools and families for more than 85 years. Built on the tradition of “Picture Day” Lifetouch captures smiling faces, preschool through high school graduation. We also reach our customers through additional product lines including portrait studios, yearbooks, sports, and events.
Maintain all equipment in production areas in safe, operable condition by providing technical and mechanical support. Keep plant machinery and mechanical equipment in good repair; diagnose, dismantle machines, replace defective parts, reassemble and make necessary adjustments to ensure safe and efficient operation. Design, track and perform Preventative Maintenance of all equipment. Perform building/grounds maintenance as needed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain safe, clean, and organized work environment.
- Set up and maintain production equipment, including related computer and peripheral equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair production equipment.
- Maintain and repair building and grounds.
- Repair plumbing, air conditioners, air compressors, and other hydraulic and air press equipment.
- Follow all safety guidelines as outlined by equipment manufacturers or company policies.
- Perform all preventative maintenance on equipment to ensure maximum operable efficiencies.
- Document all machine work as performed.
- Safety conscious
- Positive, “Can Do” attitude
- Inherent passion to learn; self motivated to do whatever needed.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years technical training, or experience preferred
- Minimum two years mechanical/technical experience.
- Experience HVAC, High/Low voltage electric, electrical conduit, plumbing, building maintenance and grounds maintenance.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Familiar with production equipment and auxiliary equipment related to the Photography Lab and Publishing industries.
- Valid drivers license and ability to drive box truck.
- Experience with personal computers including MS Office applications
- Detail oriented; Quality conscious, Self-directed
Other (knowledge, skills, and abilities):
- Sit, stand, bend, twist and walk for extended periods of time.
- Perform manual tasks requiring dexterity, full range of motion, and good vision.
- Lift up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to operate lift truck.