Product Manager - Operations
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Lifetouch has been the professional photography choice for schools and families for more than 80 years. Built on the tradition of “Picture Day” Lifetouch captures smiling faces, preschool through high school graduation. We also reach our customers through additional product lines including portrait studios, yearbooks, sports, and events.
What you'll do here
- Lead the strategy and execution of the integration between Salesforce and our Field Operations Workbench (FOW) tool with the drive to build simplified and standardized processes
- Partner with other product managers (Salesforce and manufacturing systems) and engineering teams to deliver a seamless integration and identify future opportunities of standardization
- Evaluate and drive Picture Day Scheduling from FOW to Salesforce
- Ability to continuously manage and groom feature/product backlogs with the goal of prioritizing the most important work. This requires collaboration across the organization to populate the backlog, understand what is feasible from an engineering perspective, and provide adequate information to help inform execution planning. Key expectations of backlog grooming include the ability to generate a business case estimate benefit/value, understand strategic alignment and work closely with the project management organization to estimate effort.
- Not shy away from getting deep and dirty into the technical details of applications and API connections between systems
- Lead with an external perspective, put yourself in the shoes of our field and host and make the experience a simple and enjoyable one.
The skills you'll bring
- 8+ years of Product Management experience
- Experience working with agile scrum teams to bring features to market
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to manage product backlogs
- 2+ years of experience leading project teams
- Experience managing a platform roadmap
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal – to rally teams towards a vision and a plan. Able to communicate very technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Willingness to see beyond what currently exists – knowing that what may have worked today might not be true tomorrow.
- Stellar organizational skills to keep all teams on track
- Highly collaborative nature – you love bringing others along on the journey
- Have an enthusiastic, curious, and optimistic attitude towards projects – with a sense of humor when things don’t go as planned