Sr. Software Engineer II
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
Shutterfly’s application engineering team is seeking to add a key contributor in the design and development of software products. The ideal candidate should have a strong background in building full stack applications.
If you like the challenge of working on high volume systems that handle hundreds of millions of dollars annually in e-commerce transactions, this role is for you. The creation path team works on web applications that let users create and personalize a number of different products. This position involves partnering closely with peers and product management to ensure on-time high quality delivery of functional requirements. You will also work closely with senior engineers and architects to leverage and improve the core capabilities of the system. You should feel comfortable designing solutions based on product requirements.
● Design, develop, test, and release web applications in accordance with established
requirements, standards, processes and best practices
● Maintain and monitor production applications and platforms
● Prepare high quality technical documentation pertaining to business and technical
requirements, including writing design documents, test cases and deployment guides
● Collaborate within an Agile development environment
● At least 7+ years of website development experience with proficiency in latest versions
● At least 5+ years’ experience with server-side technologies such as Java or NodeJS
● Experience designing and building cloud native applications with AWS or other cloud
providers is preferred
● Thorough understanding of software development life-cycle and Agile process
● Demonstrated knowledge and experience of delivering application from requirement
gathering to post-production support in a test-driven and continuous integration
● Experience with build tools such as Maven or npm/yarn
● Experience with Test Driven Development
● Can mentor less experienced engineers
● Love to build high quality code with efficiency and maintainability in mind
● Experience with responsive web design and a keen eye for aesthetics and design
● Can identify and address performance bottlenecks in a production environment
● Have excellent communication skills and be a mentor and role model to less
● BS/MS in Computer Science is highly desirable
** This position is eligible for remote work which may be performed anywhere in the United States except for within the state of Colorado.