Digital Print Operator Technician
At Shutterfly, we make life’s experiences unforgettable. We believe there is extraordinary power in self-expression. That’s why our family of brands helps customers create products and capture moments that reflect who they uniquely are.
If you are the go-to problem solver, have a technical aptitude, and are looking to grow your career with a well-known company, this is the role for you! As a Machine Operator Specialist, you’ll have the opportunity to use your mechanical skills to play a crucial role on our manufacturing team – and you’ll only work 3-4 days per week!
Looking for a change of scenery? We are currently offering relocation assistance for this role!
We are hiring immediately at our state of the art Plano, TX facility!
A bit about the role:We only work 3-4 days a week! Our facilities operate four different schedules consisting of 12-hour shifts. We are currently hiring for the following shifts:
- 2nd Shift: Mon – Wed (+ every other Thurs during peak season), 5pm – 5am (+$1/hr shift diff.)
- 3rd shift: Fri – Sun (+ every other Thurs during peak season), 5am – 5pm (+$1/hr shift diff.)
- 4th Shift: Fri – Sun (+ every other Thurs during peak season), 5pm – 5am (+$2/hr shift diff)
Copy and paste the links below to learn more about:
- Our Equipment and Production Floor - https://youtu.be/a71y94nb9xo
- Our Culture – https://youtu.be/7TXsNpodRAQ
What You’ll Do Here:
- Serve as the owner of equipment by providing technical support, performing pit stops and preventative maintenance unassisted
- Provide training and mentorship to Machine Operators
- Escalate critical equipment issues & collaborate with cross functional partners on solutions
- Operate bindery, finishing, and other production equipment and fill in for Lead Operators as needed
- Safety Committee Participation
The Skills You'll Bring:
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair equipment issues as well as perform and document routine preventative maintenance unassisted
- 7 years of experience or equivalent experience operating high-speed machinery
- Experience with the following principles: Pneumatics, Mechanical, PLC, ACDC Drives, Multimeter basics, Basic Electricity & Electronics, Lock Out Tag Out
- A methodical “procedure-oriented” approach to tasks and affinity for detail for quality control purposes
- Quality minded and Customer focused to ensure high quality products
- Ability to match or detect subtle differences between colors, including shades of color and brightness
- Preferably skilled in operating the following:
- Bindery and Finishing equipment including Muller Martini
- Digital Print/Press equipment including HP Indigo
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, lift up to 50 lbs., mobility to crouch, kneel, reach, bend and do repetitive actions with hands and arms
- Ability and willingness to work in other Production Departments on the Manufacturing floor when business needs
Why You’ll Love Working at Shutterfly:
- Competitive hourly pay and regular opportunity for Overtime
- Competitive Benefits starting on your first day of employment (Health, Vision, Dental, and more)
- Paid Time Off (3 weeks accrued per year) & Paid Holidays
- On-the-job training and career development
- Health & Safety is our top priority
- Annual Performance Reviews with opportunity for pay increases
- Climate controlled, state-of-the-art facilities
- On-site amenities include a gym, game room, free beverages, etc.
- Up to $2,500 in free Shutterfly merchandise and huge discounts
Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.