Bindery & Finishing Technician Specialist (Full-Time)
Searching for high level Bindery talent for our state of the art facility in Tempe, AZ. Relocation assistance potentially available!
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
Reasons you'll love working at Shutterfly:
- Relocation assistance is potentially available
- Health & Safety is our top priority
- Competitive hourly pay and regular opportunity for Overtime
- Paid Time Off (3 weeks to start) & Paid Holidays
- On-the-job training and career development
- Annual Performance Reviews with opportunity for pay increases
- Coolest co-workers in town!
- Climate controlled, state-of-the-art facilities
- Casual, relaxed attire
- Competitive Benefits (Health, Vision, Dental, 401k, Life Insurance, STD/LTD, and more)
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-site amenities include a gym, game room, free beverages, etc.
- Up to $2,500 in free Shutterfly merchandise and huge discounts
What you'll do here:
- Performs maintenance on high speed Bindery and Finishing equipment including Muller Martini (Acoro, Alegro, Diamant, Horauf, Vareo, Merit, Sigma), MBO cutters, Standard Horizon finishing equipment, LaserMax, and other equipment including UV Coaters, sewers, stitchers, cutters, laminators, etc.
- Understand the capabilities of the machine to achieve optimum print quality
- Dismantle, adjust, repair and assemble equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, operating or repair manuals
- Maintain and optimize the performance and utilization of the equipment
- Meet the daily, weekly and monthly service repair need of equipment optimizing customer satisfaction through service excellence
- Work directly with internal customers to keep the equipment up and running at maximum peak efficiency
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve any equipment issues
- Install hardware and perform needed equipment updates and upgrades
The skills you'll bring:
- Skilled in planning and performing maintenance of high speed equipment listed above
- Mechanical aptitude and skills to follow written instructions, perform adjustments and maintenance on mechanical systems, including troubleshooting and worn components replacement
- Understanding of Lock Out/Tag Out procedures
- Experience performing maintenance on high voltage equipment (480V) and the ability to determine the voltage of energized parts and identification of hazards
- Proficient in basic component level troubleshooting
- Ability to understand documentation of maintenance and repair procedures
- Strong organizational skills, including ability to maintain a clean and orderly work environment
- Experience working in a 24/7 environment and must be willing to work on all shifts, as needed
- Able to stand for long periods of time (12 hours+), lift up to 50 lbs., crouch, kneel, reach, bend and do repetitive actions with hands and arms
- Positive attitude, willingness to learn and ability to work in a culturally diverse environment