Creative Producer, Brand
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
Creative Producer, Brand
You know the world of digital and print marketing and advertising. Innately curious and a natural diplomat, you’re able to builds relationships with clients and creatives. You’re often described as a trusted partner in the creative process. You’re detail oriented and highly organized… you love a good, comprehensive yet easily digestible spreadsheet. Your project management skills are grounded in critical thinking, and you’ve had client-facing experience working with multiple clients simultaneously. You’re comfortable under pressure and respect creativity as much as a deadline. Your known for being the team cheerleader, leading with positivity and proactiveness.
We’re a Creative Department looking for a Creative Producer to join our in-house team of ego-free misfits. Our producers, operations specialists and creatives are enthusiastic and thrive in a highly collaborative, sometimes quick-turn environment. Positive vibes only. Well, at least 93% of the time (we’re only human).
About the Role:
The Creative Producer ensures seamless intake and execution of marketing projects, with a primary focus on social media and brand systems work that feeds into site, app, promo, and display advertising. You’ll be exposed to all channels and will be required to work at all times with an omni-channel lens. As a strategic thinker, you work cross-functionally with other teams within marketing and to scope detailed objectives effectively and simply. You will lead identification of potential missteps embedded within the project plan and timeline and have the experience and gut to pre-emptively trouble-shoot to ensure a smooth workflow process for creatives. This role is part of a larger Creative Services Operations team. Reports to the Director, Creative Operations.
- Partner with internal creatives and brand marketing to help drive the strategy, scope and execution phases for systematic brand expression work, social media projects, and omni-channel campaign concepts.
- Ability to scope and assist in the project definition by identifying project objectives, goals, phased work, and identifying photoshoot/merchandizing/engineering/web dev and other executional dependencies.
- Create win-wins by implementing an agile process for projects with short turn arounds and unique campaigns dependent on budget sign-offs.
- Approach each project as a unique challenge; be mindful and strategic when developing the plan to achieve success.
- Assess brand partner needs, make recommendations and manage expectations through documentation of conversations and proactive follow-up.
- Enthusiastically lead the team through all aspects of the project - from inception through completion; keep everyone excited and informed.
- Communicate effectively and regularly with leadership, the client and all team members involved with each project.
- Organization and prioritization of multiple projects and tasks, all within tight deadlines.
- Be responsive to support Creative Producer peer with social media projects.
- Be a solid voice in prioritization and backlog refinement, effectively mitigating unnecessary ad hoc requests.
- Consistent proactivity to remove blockers for creative and execution teams.
- Be the voice of reason with regards to scope, flagging moments when external creative support and expertise is required.
- Document conversations and decisions, communicating effectively and regularly to team members impacted directly or indirectly.
- Identify and work collaboratively with Creative Ops team to troubleshoot bottlenecks in workflow process and creative reviews; proactively identify and investigate root cause of scope changes, redo’s, and errors.
- Continually refine and communicate processes to the greater Creative and Marketing teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree but will accept adequate experience in lieu of formal education.
- 4+ years’ experience in creative project management for an agency or in-house creative department.
- Retail or eCommerce experience preferred.
- Domain expertise managing complex creative projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of project management software required (experience with Clarizen a big plus).
- Demonstrated knowledge and usage of standard project management concepts, practices and procedures.
- Experience developing comprehensive schedules and timelines for multiple projects.
- Highly Proficient with MS Office is a must.
- Solid understanding of the creative and executional process of digital and print marketing.
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced, environment where you must take on multiple responsibilities with shifting priorities.
- Proactive problem-solving abilities with a strong innate sense of urgency.
- Able to react quickly and be adaptable to inevitable changes and shifts.
- Ability to influence peers and managers while dealing with ambiguity.
- Self-motivated, capable of working with minimal guidance and supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Discretion in handling confidential materials and issues.
- Ability to prioritize workloads and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Patience and infectious, positive attitude with a collaborative approach.
- Low ego, balanced with confidence and a healthy sense of personal drive, ambition and ownership.
- A great attitude and flexibility towards business and its ever-changing, sometimes ambiguous nature.
- Strong problem solver/solutions oriented.
- Sense of humor and the ability to have fun doing what you love.