Sr. IT Support Administrator I
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Shutterfly is the leader in personalized photo products and services, connecting you with family and friends by sharing your photos in creative and innovative ways. With this brand, our customers can create lasting keepsakes such as award-winning photo books, customized stationary for life’s biggest occasions, and unique home décor.
The ideal candidate must take ownership of their area and have a clear customer focus, exceptional communication and people skills, and solid technical abilities. The candidate must be able to work effectively within a team of 6-7 application engineers and work independently under minimal supervision. The candidate must be able to explain technical concepts to non-technical persons, have strong analytical, written, oral and presentations skills, and be a self-starter with a collaborative spirit.
What You'll Do Here:
- Focal point for communication and escalation amongst supervisors, technicians, engineering, and Internet operations
- The role provides implementation & support for production printing hardware and software systems
- Configuration and troubleshooting of complex hardware, custom built applications, storage, configuration management and general automation
- The role requires 24/7 on-call support and occasional racking of servers and cable management
- Assist software engineering team in developing, testing, deploying, and supporting new systems
- Support 3rd party applications
- Provide training and guidance of contract support prior-to and during peak season, as well as ongoing year-round.
- Provide configuration and troubleshooting for desktop/laptops, mobile devices, desk phones, and PC peripherals.
- Utilize patch management to ensure PC software is current
- Track and maintain internal assets and inventory
- 5+ years administrating in a Windows Win7/10/2012 environment
- Must be results driven and works well in a team-oriented, collaborative environment. Strong customer service orientation
- Solid working knowledge of Internet standards and protocols (DNS, TCP/IP, etc.)
- Server and desktop hardware configuration and build experience, familiarity with both hardware and software RAID
- Supporting a build/release process
- Excellent documentation skills and ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences
- Highly motivated to solve problems; proven troubleshooting skills and ability to analyze problems by type and severity
- Understand complex relationships between components of production systems
- Lifting and transporting of heaving to moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals
It is helpful, but not required to have:
- Cygwin, CentOS 6.4 or newer
- Implement effective Microsoft Windows Group Policies
- Ghost or similar imaging utility/software
- Experience with Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
- Windows patch management utilities: WSUS/SCCM/IBM BigFix
- Cisco IOS, LAN/WAN technologies and working knowledge of switches, routers, and firewalls
- Service Now experience
If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!
Please note this is a full-time role and is on-site three days per week and remote one day per week, with rotating hours. The position is located in Tempe, Arizona. Please note this is NOT a fully remote role.