Information Architect/Content Strategist
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Shutterfly is the leader in personalized photo products and services, connecting you with family and friends by sharing your photos in creative and innovative ways. With this brand, our customers can create lasting keepsakes such as award-winning photo books, customized stationery for life’s biggest occasions, and unique home décor.
By helping to capture, preserve, and share life’s joy, Shutterfly connects people to what matters. With a focus on improving our customer engagement and personalization capabilities, we want to further this mission. The Information Architect/Content Strategist will be highly visible across the company to deliver against strategic capabilities. You’ll operate in a way that is adaptable, quick moving, and cross-functional to deliver best-in-class marketing personalization experiences for millions of customers.
What You'll do here:
- Make sense of complexity—determine hierarchies of information and content flow
- Develop human-centered design methodologies to build solutions for customers
- Create sitemaps, customer journeys, taxonomies, wireframes and content strategies that organize information in a digestible manner
- Use data and machine learning to analyze customer behavior, make decisions and serve content
- Facilitate design-thinking and discovery sessions focused on mind mapping, taxonomy, customer journeys, etc.
- Create the framework for messaging matrices that serve dynamic personalized content to our segments and solve problems for their unique user case needs
- Bachelors or advanced degree in UX, Library Sciences, Information Technology, Computer Science or Human Computer Interaction
- 5 or more years of experience in information architecture, UX and content strategy
- Experience with wireframing, diagramming and flowchart software like Axure, Omnigraffle, Visio, Adobe XD, Sketch or InVision
- Experience using mind mapping software like MindNode, Miro or Lucidchart
- Experience using a CMS and defining an asset management strategy (i.e. meta tagging and defining nomenclatures for a DAM)
- Strong portfolio showcasing IA/Content Strategy ability for complex Ecommerce experiences
- Develop personalized content at scale
- Provide guidance to writers and creative teams to develop personalized content
- Knowledge of interactive taxonomies, labeling and customer journey systems
- Knowledgeable about current issues and limitations in IA/UX industry
If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!