Project Manager II, Operations & Picture Day Enablement
At Lifetouch (part of the Shutterfly family of brands), we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Lifetouch has been the professional photography choice for schools and families for more than 85 years. Built on the tradition of “Picture Day” Lifetouch captures smiling faces, preschool through high school graduation. We also reach our customers through additional product lines including portrait studios, yearbooks, sports, and events.
What You'll Do Here:
Project Management & Department Coordination
- Own and manage various operational projects as assigned that support our field and home office teams.
- Help facilitate key Operations and Picture Day process activities and initiatives spanning teams and business lines by acting as a central point of contact.
- Track key seasonal deliverables to ensure process measurement, strategy development and implementation efforts occur in accordance with peak readiness plans.
- Build thorough project plans, considering all aspects including: scope, schedule and resources.
- Develops and executes robust "discovery" efforts, synthesizes findings and communicates succinctly to drive effective decision making.
- Lead by influencing key stakeholders and holding others accountable to deadline commitments.
- Identify at-risk deliverables to raise awareness with key stakeholders and help troubleshoot issues and develop action plans.
- Partner with manager and other leaders to assess existing support mechanisms and drive improvements across organization.
- Responsible for helping drive organizational standardization and simplification.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to develop best-in-class tools to support field pre-season peak preparation, striving to provide maximum value while ensuring ease of use.
- Coordinate and facilitate pre-season "what's new" content development and delivery, including webcasts, meetings, readiness checklists and other resources.
- Manages annual calendar to ensure timely release of information to field. Partners with key stakeholders, including PMO, to drive continuous improvement in field support.
- Supports Internal Communications team in the curation, organization and presentation of resources and information to support field photography and operations teams.
- Assist PMO and field leaders in coordination and of national meeting preparation and execution as appropriate.
- Commit time to engaging with field partners through in-person visits, virtual meetings and other means.
- Supports and enables strong field execution by equipping teams with tools to drive role clarity, standard work, consistent handoffs and strong execution across all Lifetouch business lines.
- Conducts role-based needs assessments in partnership with Field Ops Support team and other partners to help identify opportunities for improved support.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with field team members to ensure comprehensive understanding of "what's working" and "what's not".
- Owns content and leads routine updates of key leadership resource documents. - Partner with Regional Photo and Operations Managers to support standard and impactful communication.
- May facilitate field feedback and insight gathering sessions and support end-of-season feedback gathering and review.
- Assists Shutterfly Learning & Development team, HR and others in applying leadership curriculum to the Lifetouch business.
- Support development and implementation of employee performance management methodology for field organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in management, business, operations or related field required.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in operations within a large, complex organization.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Passionate about developing positive working relationships to ensure a collaborative and effective working environment.
- Operationally minded, able to develop detailed end-to-end processes and anticipate impact of decisions.
- Strong ability to lead cross-functional projects and influence teammates in order to deliver on-time and quality work.
- Astute analytical and organizational skills to manage business priorities in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Experience in developing and maintaining detailed project plans and reports.
- Curious self-starter who asks questions, learns quickly and challenges the status quo.
- Proactively seeks opportunities for process improvement, makes recommendations and pursues process changes.
- General knowledge of basic business functions and concepts (e.g., operations, supply chain, marketing).
- Takes proactive approach to seeking self-improvement.
- Photography and/or retail experience preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!