Sr. Web Engineer I
At Shutterfly, our purpose is to share life’s joy by connecting people to what matters as the leading platform for personalized products.
Shutterfly’s software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how millions of users will purchase personalized products. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas.
Our Haifa Engineering team is developing products across all Shutterfly stack. As an engineer in our team you will work on products that affect millions of users using the latest technology frontend stack and methodology. We are looking for a motivated and passionate frontend engineer to join our talented team.
- Help develop the next-generation of Shutterfly smart product creation
- Debug, maintain and improve the current frontend development
- Create smarts widgets that will suggest personalized products to millions of users using their photos
- Design and build flexible pipelines that can rapidly evolve to handle new technologies and modeling approaches
- Take full ownership of projects from conception through to production
- Turn requirements into simple, elegant, optimal solutions
- Work with team members and other groups to achieve company goals
Skills And Qualifications
- B.Sc. Degree in Computer Science
- Knowledge of code architecture and design patterns
- Positive 'can-do' team player
- Experience with responsive web design, solid understanding of SOA (Service-oriented architecture)
- Excellent internal (how-it-works) understanding of one or more open source framework
- Ability to own features from envisioning to deploying, working independently with stakeholders, and collaborating with other developers
- Self-learner, passionate for providing technical guidance, applying best-practices and “making things better”
Bonus points for:
- Experience in cloud computing and/or AWS services
- Experience in backend languages like Node.JS
- Participated in an end-to-end big data and/or large-scale performance challenge
- Experience developing and working with RESTful web services and client-server architectures