Sr. Manager, Data Engineering
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Shutterfly is the leader in personalized photo products and services, connecting you with family and friends by sharing your photos in creative and innovative ways. With this brand, our customers can create lasting keepsakes such as award-winning photo books, customized stationary for life’s biggest occasions, and unique home décor.
Sr Manager, Consumer Data Platform
We are hiring a Sr. Manager of Consumer Data Platform who will lead our efforts to integrate human and machine-readable data into our Enterprise Data Lake. Our data platform manages billions of images, enables high-volume ecommerce and user interaction data, facilitates manufacturing automation, & integrates to some of the leading social platforms in the industry.
The Sr. Manager will continue to evolve and manage a high performing team of data engineers tasked with integrating novel data sets and managing existing data sets in the Data Lake & Data Warehouse. We are looking for someone with a track record of delivering high quality, timely, usable data to stakeholders, and is experienced in managing roadmaps & priorities in a fast-paced environment.
What You'll Do Here:
- Manage and scale the data platform to handle hundreds of Terabytes of processed data
- Manage and grow a team of high performing full-time data engineers as well as an offshore team to deliver against business roadmaps
- Engage with a cross functional team of Product Managers, Program Managers, Data & Application Engineers to describe data integration MVP including data quality objectives, and deliver against the MVP
- Engage with Operations team to outline system and data availability SLA objectives, and track performance against these objectives
- Develop relationships with stakeholders, establish processes to intake requests and closely collaborate to get things done
- Evolve the architectural capabilities and maturity of the platform by engaging with Architects and Strategic Partners internal & external to the Company
The Skills You'll Bring:
- 6 years of experience in data modeling, integration and data management, with at least 2 years on the Cloud (AWS, Azure etc.)
- 4 years of experience as tech lead, establishing process to enable standardization & simplification in development best practices
- 4 years of experience leading onsite & offshore teams towards delivering data solutions
- Experience working with product, program management, engineering organizations and analysts to deliver high quality & scalable data products
- You will possess a strong bias towards action and getting things done creatively, and present trade offs to stakeholders while prioritizing initiatives
- Ideally you will possess some management experience, or are passionate about developing talent within the org, and ensuring that the team members have the right opportunity to succeed in their roles
If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!