Consumer Insights Analyst, BorrowLenses
BorrowLenses (part of the Shutterfly family of brands) is where professional photographers and videographers come to rent premium gear online. They fulfill the photographic and cinematic dreams of our customers by delivering superior, cutting-edge gear and providing exceptional customer service.
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. BorrowLenses is the Shutterfly brand where professional photographers and videographers come to rent premium gear online. We are here to fulfill the photographic and cinematic dreams of our customers by delivering superior, cutting-edge gear and providing exceptional customer service. Rent, shoot, return - it's as easy as that! Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.
Shutterfly is seeking a highly motivated, strategic and action-oriented Consumer Insights Analyst to help drive strategy and analysis of the BorrowLenses business in San Carlos, CA. BorrowLenses is the Shutterfly brand where professional photographers and videographers come to rent premium gear online. You will be working closely with Marketing leadership, Operations leadership, Product Management and partnering with the General Manager. BorrowLenses operates as an independent business unit within Shutterfly. This position represents a unique opportunity for someone looking to gain significant strategy and operational experience at a business-unit level, within a leading ecommerce company.
This role is highly entrepreneurial and cross-functional in nature and as such the candidate must be exceedingly analytical and strategic, demonstrate initiative, and be able to thrive in a collaborative environment building strong internal and external business relationships. This analyst will be responsible for developing a deep understanding of our business, our customers and our industry, to make data-driven analysis and strategy recommendations. S/he will be a member of both the eCommerce team and the Analytics team and will be balancing time between improving and optimizing revenue, driving new product development, and building out internal data-management reporting and analytical capacity and infrastructure. On an ongoing basis, responsibilities include refining and implementing our pricing strategy, forecasting demand and optimizing gear suppply, and developing our customer loyalty initiatives.
- Effectively translate data into actionable insights, strategies and financially viable plans.
- Build a deep understanding of the core revenue KPIs to support this rental ecommerce business, including customer / revenue KPIs, demand analytics and inventory optimization, utilization and other key revenue and profitability drivers
- Be the analytical partner to the GM and key eCommerce leadership team: Frame up questions, determine and get agreement on the analytical approach, identify and summarize data, synthesize analysis into clear take-aways and deliver actionable insights.
- Support the pricing, purchasing and promotion strategy work, and partner with Product Management, Marketing, and Customer Experience in rollout and delivery.
- Monitor competitive and industry trends: perform market research and competitive analysis, drive quantitative and qualitative customer intelligence and research in order to better understand customer profile, needs and behaviors and develop the business case for new features, initiatives, strategies and categories.
- eCommerce experience strongly desired
- Great thinker on both a strategic and tactical level, who also has a strong bias to action.
- Always seeking to improve, and agile at leading improvements through both: step changes and innovation, or through refinement and iteration.
- Passionately quantitative / analytical and detail oriented.
- Effective thought leader and influencer to help drive key business decisions and initiatives by partnering closely with the team, applying analytics, business frameworks, and through critical thinking.
- Entrepreneurial, with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapid growth environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment. Ability to collaborate actively & effectively on cross-functional teams.
- 3-5 years of related analytical and/or strategic experience.
- SQL/database query skills required ; SAP SAC skills desired
Why You’ll Love Working at Shutterfly Inc.
- Competitive benefits starting on your first day of employment (Medical, Dental, Vision).
- Exempt employees are eligible for Discretionary Time off (DTO), which allows you to take time off as needed. We also offer 12 paid holidays!
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with 100% company match on the first 3% you contribute, then 50% of the next 2%.
- Up to $2,500 in free Shutterfly merchandise + discounts across our family of brands.
- An Employee Assistance Program to help you and your family with whatever life throws at you.
Why You’ll Love Working for BorrowLenses
- Free access to camera gear! Arguably the best part about your job is the nearly unfettered access to our massive collection of photo and video gear. It's a little slice of paradise.
- Competitive benefits including 401K, medical, and DTO.
- Access to free corporate enrichment classes and seminars to advance your career on topics like Excel, People Management, etc.
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship or transfers for this role at this time. No candidates requiring visa sponsorship or transfer will be considered.
If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!