Sr. Performance Analyst - Data Governance
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
Shutterfly, Inc. has an exciting opportunity for a Data Governance Analyst to join our team.
The Data Governance Analyst plays a critical role in the transformation of the Enterprise’s capture and use of data and information, including leading the definition and design of modern enterprise data practices to guide application development and enterprise data handling up the maturity curve to the digital enterprise. This leader will enable us to realize the potential of our data by defining consistent policies, processes, and architecture solutions that enable teams to have reliable and trusted information to make decisions.
What You'll Do Here:
- Establish governance rules for data usage from source to insights
- Define and maintain Data Governance Policies, Processes, Standards and Best practices
- Define application data requirements to align with enterprise data strategy and facilitate cross silo data utilization by Analytics, Marketing, Operations, Product, Sales other business units in the organization
- Analyze source systems and application data flows. Work with product management & business owners to identify data workflow opportunities and establish alignment with enterprise data strategy
- Improve information accessibility and information sharing across the organization
- Support and extend an enterprise-wide approach to data management and data distribution
- Help define and support transition to a digital enterprise
- Work across the Shutterfly enterprise to align global strategy and standards with local agendas and initiatives
The Skills You'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in architecture, design or development of enterprise data solutions, applications, and integrations
- 3+ years of experience in implementing enterprise data management practices at an enterprise level.
- Strong cloud data architecture knowledge with experience developing architecture strategies and plans to enable cloud data transformation, application data, MDM, data governance, and data science capabilities.
- Well versed in the Data domains (Data Warehousing, Data Governance, MDM, Data Quality, Data Catalog, Analytics, BI, Application Data, Metadata, Unstructured Data, ETL, ESB).
- Knowledge and understanding of emerging trends in enterprise data infrastructures
- Expert in SQL
- Exceptional analytical, critical-thinking, and problem-solving abilities
- Strong attention to detail; highly accurate and thorough in all tasks
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative and cross-functional setting
- Strong time management skills to deliver high quality work for multiple projects while meeting deadlines
- Strong learning capability to adapt to ever changing technologies and techniques
- Be comfortable with and embrace opportunities provided by differing levels of ambiguity
- Salesforce experience
- Experience with a BI tool
If this aligns with you career goals, skills and experience - we want to work with you!