At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
Shutterfly is looking to hire a Product Manager to join their team!
What You'll Do Here:
- Ability to continuously manage and groom feature/product backlogs with the goal of prioritizing the most important work. This requires collaboration across the organization to populate the backlog, understand what is feasible from an engineering perspective, and provide adequate information to help inform execution planning. Key expectations of backlog grooming include the ability to generate a business case estimate benefit/value, understand strategic alignment and work closely with the project management organization to estimate effort.
- Drive upstream project deliverables associated with a given project including business cases, project proposals, user requirements, and acceptance criteria.
- During execution, it is expected that you effectively identify and resolve risks, tradeoffs and obstacles, and understand when to engage leadership teams for support.
- Challenge the organization to be quality focused by leveraging data to help drive decisions, having a mindset focused on continuous process improvement and helping to guide test plans to ensure end-to-end, robust coverage.
- Collaboratively work with stakeholders across the organization to gather input and assist product leaders with multi-year product roadmaps.
The Skills You'll Bring:
- 5+ years of product management experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to manage product backlogs
- 3+ years of experience leading project teams
- Experience managing a platform roadmap
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge working with Atlassian tools such as JIRA, Confluence, and BitBucket
- History and experience juggling multiple concurrent projects
- Experience working with agile scrum teams to bring new features to market
- Analytical and problem solving experience with large scale systems
- Strong partnership and collaboration skills – you appreciate the importance of bringing others along on the journey
- Experience managing teams through change