Sr. Scrum Master
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Lifetouch has been the professional photography choice for schools and families for more than 80 years. Built on the tradition of “Picture Day” Lifetouch captures smiling faces, preschool through high school graduation. We also reach our customers through additional product lines including portrait studios, yearbooks, sports, and events.
Lifetouch, a division of Shutterfly LLC, we are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equality and inclusion in the workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired. Working at Lifetouch offers opportunities to be entrepreneurial, engage in innovate initiatives and work in a collaborative environment. The Lifetouch Engineering team is looking for a talented and energetic Scrum Master to lead multiple teams working on the software backlogs for our e-commerce properties.
What You'll Do Here:
- Guiding the scrum team(s) and organization to follow generally accepted Agile/Scrum practices and daily activity to actively promote prioritization, team readiness and commitment for each sprint.
- Partner with Product Owner(s) to ensure continuous refinement of the product backlog across multiple initiatives.
- Partner with Engineering, Product owners, Program or Project Managers to communicate delivery of work product from the scrum teams and escalate key risks and issues impeding scrum team effectiveness.
- Adhere to existing Software Development Lifecycle and release processes, to ensure all risk, security and development requirements are met.
- Facilitating and accountable for owning the Scrum ceremonies for the scrum team(s).
- Play role in driving Scrum adoption across all levels in the organization.
The Skills You'll Bring:
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of Agile, iterative development and the Scrum ceremonies.
- Highly effective facilitator and collaborator.
- High energy servant leader focusing on empowering others and leading teams to self-organize.
- Expert facilitator and collaborator.
- Experience as a Scrum Master with 3+ years with a software development team.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong understanding of software development lifecycle and agile tools.
- Experience working in a continuous integration/continuous deployment environment.
It is helpful, but not required to have:
- Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Certified Scrum Coach (CTC)
- 4 year degree in a related field
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches such as Kanban and Extreme Programming (XP).
- Experience using the Atlassian Jira and Confluence for managing the Scrum process.
If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!