Lifetouch has been the professional photography choice for schools and families for more than 80 years. Built on the tradition of “Picture Day” Lifetouch captures smiling faces, preschool through high school graduation. We also reach our customers through additional product lines including portrait studios, yearbooks, sports, events, and churches.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Photography Administrator position!
The Photo Admin assists the Manager, Area Photography & Operations in managing daily photography operations, coordinates and maintains weekly photography schedule as well as assists with onboarding and support of the Photography team
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Builds the weekly photography schedule including the assignment of Photography Leads and Photographers to scheduled jobs. Reviews with Photography Leader for final approval.
● Coordinates all scheduling changes and ensures communication with appropriate personnel including Photography Leader(s), Photography Leads and Photographers.
● Understands the needs and limitations of the schools and the abilities of the Photographers when creating the schedule.
● Assists in maximization of productivity for high-quality, positive Picture Day experiences.
● Collects and reviews Picture Day Report Card information and passes issues and or concerns to the Photography Lead(s) or Photography Manager(s) as instructed.
● Assist with photographer onboarding and support.
● May maintain gas logs and distributed gas cards to applicable employees.
● May help with timekeeping activities including following up on missed punches and other related duties.
● May be responsible for wardrobe management including preparation for photographic events, cleaning and general care.
● May maintain inventory of CD’s, hand sanitizer, combs, baby wipes and other photographic supplies.
● Maintains current knowledge and ability to operate all cameras, lenses, accessories, and photographic equipment; and selecting appropriate equipment based on job and program type.
● May be asked to capture high quality, compelling photographs while creating a positive picture day experience for customers.
● Safeguards and properly handling job bags and photography equipment.
The Skills You’ll Bring:
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
- 2 – 3 years related photography experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Administration experience
- Working with children, preferred.
- Demonstrated intermediate to advanced knowledge of photography equipment (e.g., cameras, light stands, light meters, lighting effects, tripods, backdrops)
- Basic computer skills (e.g., navigation, data entry) (specifically Microsoft Excel).
- Excellent customer service, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and prioritize work.