Director, Marketing Technology Engineering
Shutterfly is looking for a talented and high-energy marketing analytics leader who will lead digital marketing analytics and data science function. In this role, you will have a deep understanding of the impact various demand gen programs and strategy have on each stage of the journey to help accelerate the buying decision and support the entire customer lifecycle. The role is perfect for someone with the player-coach approach –who can roll up their sleeves as well as provide mentorship to others.
- Partner with leadership across Marketing and IT to understand our funnel, measure, uncover opportunities, and influence strategy and roadmaps to improve progress towards business objectives.
- Develop a team of exceptional analytics professionals
- Deliver presentations to clearly and effectively communicate findings to stakeholders and executive leadership
- Translate data into actions and recommendations – appropriately interpreting and building on findings, and fully exploiting insights - the work does not stop at “pulling the data.”
- Unlock insights and guide the business – everything from tactical site optimizations to broad level strategic direction that is grounded in data evidence and substantial analytical rigor. The job requires a multidisciplinary blend of analytical experience, strong technical capability, and business strategy. All applied in tandem to discover key insights that lie hidden in web and transactional data.
- Good understanding of machine learning and artificial intelligence methodology.
- Drive the development of quantitative analysis, ad hoc reports, and models to support marketing decision making, particularly around lifetime value, retention, targeting, multi-touch attribution, and media mix optimization
- Manage the design, execution, and analysis of A/B or multivariate testing programs; driving rigor, building a testing culture and enhancing measurement capabilities throughout the organization
- Determine, analyze, maintain, and report on core marketing metrics to identify causal relationships between marketing actions and outcomes.
- Lead by example by contributing first-hand in key business decisions, certifying assumptions, and assessing logic chains.
- Drive collaboration with internal and external technology partners (e.g., engineering, marketing/sales technology, data analytics, data science, and vendors) to firm up requirements and prioritize deliverables to enable data for decision-making.
Required Experience And Skills
- 10+ years of total experience with 5+ years of experience building and leading analytics and data science teams with a strong understanding of ecommerce business. Ideally leading across a portfolio of business/products
- Proven experience in driving projects from start to finish, while driving impact influencing roadmaps
- Expert command of analytics, statistical modeling, state-of-the-art tools, and marketing best practices. e.g., causal inference, significance testing, regression analysis.
- Experience with SQL, particular with big data
- Some coding ability in R or Python is a plus
- Impeccable attention to detail and a strong ability to convert complex data into insights and action plans.
- Strategic thinker, flexible problem solver, great listener, and team orientation.
- Communication and presentation experience with a proven track record of using insights to influence executives and colleagues