Data Analyst II
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Lifetouch has been the professional photography choice for schools and families for more than 80 years. Built on the tradition of “Picture Day” Lifetouch captures smiling faces, preschool through high school graduation. We also reach our customers through additional product lines including portrait studios, yearbooks, sports, and events.
Shutterfly has a key opening for a Performance Analytics Analyst in its Lifetouch division. The primary role will be to support the Studios and Prestige business lines by developing innovative solutions through data analysis, metrics creation, and dashboard development. The role will help shape strategic business direction and work to guide optimal performance across all business units. The candidate should have a combination of analytic skills, business acumen, and interpersonal and communication skills.
Lifetouch; a Shutterfly Inc. company is an industry-leader with operations in all 50 states and Canada. Employees enjoy our fast-paced, collaborative culture and the ability to directly impact our business.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes performance and develops metrics to successfully measure business line effectiveness
- Creates reports & dashboards that allow cross functional teams to self-serve and identify business performance insights
- Presents analysis to cross functional teams to help make better data driven decisions
- Collaborates with data management partners to understand the data warehouse environments and to identify new opportunities for data exploration
- Helps to evaluate & measure new and existing channel performance
- Analyzes customer behavior trends and develops metrics to communicate with cross functional teams
- Identifies opportunities and successful tactics in the digital marketing process
- Analyzes site traffic, device, and conversion trends to identify improvement opportunities
- Explores data and discovers patterns, meaningful relationships, anomalies, and trends to improve performance
- Monitors business trends on a weekly basis to identify unexpected results and research the cause
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics/Finance or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in business intelligence or analytics
- 2+ years of experience with SQL queries for data analysis
- 2+ years of experience working with a BI tool (Preferably one of the following Qlik, PowerBI, & Tableau)
- Experience in extracting data & reports from Salesforce
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (including pivot tables, look-up formulas) and PowerPoint
- Exceptional analytical, critical-thinking, and problem-solving abilities
- Strong attention to detail; highly accurate and thorough in all tasks
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Experience managing and working in a team-oriented, collaborative and cross-functional setting
- Attention to detail and time management to deliver high quality work for multiple projects while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to draw conclusions/insights and translate those findings to develop recommendations for leadership action
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong learning capability to adapt to ever changing technologies and techniques
- Strong organization skills and ability to prioritize
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to make decisions and work independently
- Understanding and experience with retail and production business analysis and processes