Software Quality Engineer II
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Lifetouch has been the professional photography choice for schools and families for more than 80 years. Built on the tradition of “Picture Day” Lifetouch captures smiling faces, preschool through high school graduation. We also reach our customers through additional product lines including portrait studios, yearbooks, sports, and events.
This position represents Quality Assurance and Automation in a project team capacity with responsibility for quality advocacy, planning, design, implementation, testing, reporting, and metrics for both manual and automated testing. Actively cultivates collaborative relationships across business units and cross-division partners. This individual promotes, establishes and improves standards and processes, and overall QA effectiveness within LNSS.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates reusable, extendable and sustainable automation suite by advocating "design for testing" strategies in the scrum teams.
- Creates and maintains automated testing artifacts.
- Champions automation methodologies.
- Participates and provides input to planning, building, and maintaining the Automation framework and associated processes.
- Identifies and drives change to ensure automation effectiveness.
- Provides accurate, clear and concise testing status updates across multiple projects.
- Participates in requirement and design review meetings to stay informed of potential impact to test automation.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of customer requirements, offer suggestions on how best to deliver solutions.
- Escalates issues to Project Manager and Quality Assurance Manager as needed in a clear, concise and timely manner. Consistently identify and propose solutions to issues.
- Identifies, communicates and provides solutions to issues that impact project schedules.
- Consistently seeks challenges and seize opportunities.
- 4-year degree in Computer Science or applicable field or related experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 3 or more years of experience with formal test methods and quality assurance
- 3 or more years of automation experience in a professional software development environment
- Expertise in automation with Selenium & Java Script Automation frameworks
- Hands on database/SQL experience
- Experience in Agile & BDD environment and knowledge of DevOps
- Solid understanding of Automation Framework principles
- Solid understanding of Quality Assurance methodologies