Salesforce Solution Architect
At Shutterfly, we make life’s experiences unforgettable. We believe there is extraordinary power in the self-expression. That’s why our family of brands helps customers create products and capture moments that reflect who they uniquely are.
What You’ll Do Here:
The Salesforce Solution Architect leads the solutioning and optimization of Shutterfly’s use of Salesforce to enable marketing, sales, field operations, and customer service. Reporting to the CIO, this enterprise applications leadership role is responsible for defining and driving the roadmap for Salesforce and related customer relationship management (CRM) solutions, partnering closely with colleagues within the enterprise applications team (including our Salesforce development and admin teams, and our Program Portfolio Management and Data Engineering teams) and our business unit product and technology teams. This role leads application strategy, design, development, and deployment; ensures effectiveness of business applications operation and support; and oversees continuous improvement initiatives. This individual will build strong relationships with business function and technology leaders, process owners, and key stakeholders, to ensure alignment of enterprise application strategy to business objectives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead, develop, and mentor the architecture, solution design, and development activities related to Salesforce and its component solutions.
- Play an important role in creating the high-level design artifacts; deliver high quality code deliverables for a module; lead validation for testing and support activities related to implementation and deployment.
- Direct the business application strategy, delivery, and support for CRM functions and processes:
- Maintain broad understanding of business workflows, processes, and strategies,
- Define and drive application portfolio and lifecycle strategy,
- Provide leadership in exploring and analyzing new application functionality,
- Review business process and technical designs to ensure appropriate use of technology,
- Contribute to business analysis and the definition of thorough and accurate business requirements,
- Ensure that our enterprise solutions deliver business value via optimal design and leverage of best practices, including driving business insight through reporting and analytics.
- Foster and deepen relationships with business partners, ensuring they view the Enterprise Applications team as proactive and responsive to business needs.
- Identify and promote opportunities to build adoption, capability, and self-sufficiency within the end-user population and foster an environment of continual process improvement.
The Skills You’ll Bring:
- Salesforce Certified Solution Architect (B2B and/or B2C) or Salesforce Certified Technical Architect (CTA), or equivalent implementation expertise, is highly desirable.
- Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, and/or Field Service certifications, or equivalent implementation expertise, are highly desirable.
- Marketing Cloud certification is desirable.
- Must have demonstrated deep experience with implementing and optimizing Salesforce.com solutions.
- Must have demonstrated hands-on experience with Salesforce.com architecture and integrating to legacy solutions using Salesforce APIs.
- Demonstrated experience in leveraging the following to achieve business value:
- Data and analytics solutions, including Power BI, Azure Data Factory, Amazon Redshift, Databricks, etc.
- Application integration solutions, including Mulesoft.
- Proven experience working with hybrid (onshore, nearshore, and offshore) development and support teams.
- Track record of success in delivering results through large-scale application projects.
- Demonstrated ability to build partnerships within the IT organization and across business functions.
- Effective and influential presentation and communication skills, with ability to engage both executives and front-line sales and service employees.
- Demonstrated change management experience and an outside-in customer perspective.
- Strong understanding of software architecture, design, development and delivery methodologies (SDLC, Agile, SAFe, etc.).
- Knowledgeable in industry, business function, and system best practices.
It is helpful, but not required to have:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a technical background: Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, or similar technical degree.
- 10+ years’ experience leading application design, development, and delivery and support teams in a complex business operation.
- 7+ years’ experience leading design, development, and implementation of Salesforce.com solutions.
Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.
The compensation package for this role is based on multiple factors, such as job level, responsibilities, location, and candidate experience. The base pay ranges included below are specific to the locations listed and may not be applicable to other locations. California: [$149,500 - $213,400] Connecticut, New York, and Rhode Island: [$149,500 - $193,150] Colorado and Washington: [$149,500 - $179,100] Nevada: [$140,100-$193,150] This position may be eligible for a bonus incentive, health benefits, a 401K program, and other employee perks. More details about our company benefits can be found at https://shutterflyinc.com/benefits/.