Candid and Sport Photographer
Lifetouch has an exciting opportunity for a Candid Photographer to join our team!
Lifetouch School Photography captures smiling faces from kindergarten through high school graduation. Our photographers provide schools and families with high-quality images and a memorable Picture Day experience from start to finish.
As part of the Shutterfly family of brands, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend-setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
Capture high quality, compelling photographs for school sports, concerts, plays, graduations and a variety of school events while creating a positive experience for customers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Exhibits energy, enthusiasm and professionalism while establishing a connection with subjects and school administration to ensure a positive picture day experience
- Appropriately maintains and safely transports all necessary equipment, supplies, and film to perform the duties of the job
- Arrives on-site and on-time to allow proper set-up time
- Demonstrates safe work habits including proper lifting, bending and pushing techniques
- Properly sets up equipment to optimize photo quality
- Provides clear direction/expectations for parents, school personnel and student helpers regarding their role in picture day
- Maintains an appropriate level of productivity in order to stay on schedule
- Uses age-appropriate language, body language, and approach to provide clear instructions to each subject in order to achieve the desired expression while following Company Posing Guidelines
- Consistently captures high-quality photographs
- Enters accurate information on paperwork from camera/payment envelopes and returns all paperwork to the field office in a timely manner in accordance with Company guidelines
- Represents Lifetouch in a professional manner at all times while adhering to all Company and school policies, and displays confidence and professionalism
- Safeguards and properly handles money, job bags, DVDs and photography equipment
- Maintains confidentiality of school/student-related information
- Supports picture day team by assisting others as needed
Minimal General Requirements
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with children preferred
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Willing to work a varied seasonal schedule
- Accessibility to reliable insured transportation to reach assigned locations. Vehicle insurance must be current and in compliance with state law
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Must provide your own photography equipment including:
- DSLR Camera (from 6 to 24 megapixels)
- A Flash Unit
- Zoom Lens (80-200mm preferred)
- Short Lens (24-70mm preferred)