Sr. Manager, Information Systems
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
The Senior Manager, IT Engineering, Operations & Collaboration Services leads teams that provide IT Engineering, IT Operations, Collaboration Services, and Desktop Engineering services in adopting new technology for the organization, supporting our deployed platforms, and maintaining operational excellence. The Senior Manager partners with business and technology stakeholders to ensure that all IT-related services are designed and run with optimal performance, and that IT operations are supported efficiently.
Strategy & Planning
- Work with leadership to create and plan the technology roadmap for IT.
- Partner with business stakeholders to understand their roadmap and how it interlocks with the IT roadmap.
- Collaborate with architects and engineers in adopting new technology, and how it relates to the growth of the company.
- Understand how the hyperscale public cloud platforms (GCP, AWS, Azure) can be leveraged to enable Shutterfly’s objectives.
Leadership of Design & Deployment
- Manage IT staff by training and coaching each engineer and communicating expectations.
- Author, develop, and implement policies and procedures that enforce ITIL standards.
- Take ownership of issues related to the team.
- Work with managers and their service/function engineers to establish knowledge management documentation and cross training.
- Champion the maintenance of a knowledge management repository to ensure operational excellence.
- Plan, support, and evaluate IT infrastructure operations.
- Continued partnership with business stakeholders to identify and address critical needs for each group.
- Handle annual budget and ensure cost effectiveness.
Knowledge & Experience
- 15+ years of IT experience.
- 8+ years of progressive experience working in a lead position in an IT Operations and Engineering role.
- Hands-on experience with Active Directory services and Azure.
- Hands-on experience with support and administration of Office 365 and Microsoft Teams.
- Experience supporting a multi-region IT infrastructure.
- Understanding of network administration and network concepts.
- Understanding of security disciplines, best practices, and standards.
- Knowledgeable in multi-cloud platforms and strategy.
- Knowledge of ITIL and experience in applying its good practices in day-to-day delivery.
- Proven experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and/or other agile delivery methods.
- Six Sigma, Lean or other business process improvement training or education is highly desired.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Proven ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
- Strong systems/process orientation with demonstrated analytical thinking, organizational skills and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong focus on the professional development and coaching of teams and individuals.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and follow up with resulting action items.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment, and to lead and influence cross-organizationally.
- Ability to lead effectively in a dynamic environment with sometimes ambiguous or changing requirements.
- Alignment with Shutterfly core values: Own it, Zoom Out, Move Fearlessly, Explore New Angles, and Embrace Our Differences.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field or equivalent experience.