Lead Designer, UX Design
Shutterfly’s User Experience team is seeking a passionate Lead UX Designer to create innovative, high-quality user experiences that delight our customers and drive business growth. We are looking for someone who is passionate about e-commerce and detail oriented design. As a Lead UX Designer, you will collaborate with Product Management and
Engineering on broad, complex problems that require practical experience with both design and business.
The design team is also seeking a designer who can also help bridge the gap between development and design. In fact, front-end development experience is highly welcome! You will work on key Shutterfly initiatives while also contributing to the Shutterfly design system. Your skills will be integral to tackling our mission of making the site simpler and easy to use as we move into a new era of Shutterfly design.
The Lead UX role is an Individual Contributor (IC) role that reports to a Design Manager or Director. As a successful designer in our organization, you are able to shepherd your design through all stages of the process and communicate - visually, through storytelling, through data, and through words - the value of your design. You are able to take risks and to
understand how to use data to support those risks.
• Drive the design for commerce projects across web, mobile web, and native mobile platforms.
• Collaborate with Product Management, Business, and Engineering
• Accountable for an end to end design process, including selling ideas and presenting to all
levels of leadership
• Create user experience wireframes, research plans, specifications, mockups, and interactive prototypes
• Contribute to and expand the Shutterfly design system
• Initiate research and apply data gathered through testing and usage trends
• Proactively learn about Shutterfly’s business, culture, and customers
• 5+ years of experience in user experience design
• Thrive in ambiguity, eager to take initiative
• Experience with ecommerce flows, use cases, and design issues
• Experience in a data and research-driven organization
• Knowledge of HTML & CSS (Bonus: experience with React components)
• Ability to collaborate actively & effectively on multidisciplinary teams
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment
*Only candidates with a portfolio will be reviewed