Bindery & Finishing Technician Specialist - Relocation Assistance May Be Available to TX or AZ
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
Relocation Assistance may be available to Plano, TX, or Tempe, AZ!
Reasons you'll love working at Shutterfly:
- Health & Safety is our top priority
- Competitive hourly pay and regular opportunity for Overtime
- Competitive Benefits starting on your first day of employment (Health, Vision, Dental, 401k, Life Insurance, STD/LTD, and more)
- Paid Time Off (3 weeks to start) & Paid Holidays
- On-the-job training and career development
- Climate controlled, state-of-the-art facilities
- Casual, relaxed attire
- On-site amenities include a gym, game room, free beverages, etc.
- Up to $2,500 in free Shutterfly merchandise and huge discounts
What you'll do here:
- Perform maintenance on high speed Bindery and Finishing equipment including Muller Martini (Acoro, Alegro, Diamant, Horauf, Vareo, Merit, Sigma), MBO cutters, Standard Horizon finishing equipment, LaserMax, and other equipment including UV Coaters, sewers, stitchers, cutters, laminators, etc.
- Perform electrical, mechanical, chemical, and consumables diagnostics and repair while acting as a mentor on the team
- Escalate for critical equipment & decision-making needs and partner with production and managements team to ensure equipment “up-time” levels are achieved
- Preventative Maintenance audits and task prioritization
- Dismantle, adjust, repair and assemble equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, operating or repair manuals, and technical drawings escalation to equipment vendors
- Inventory control, purchasing, parts tracking
The skills you'll bring:
- Highly skilled in maintenance of high-speed Bindery, Finishing, and high voltage equipment (480V) with a minimum of 4 years OR equivalent experience
- Experience planning, performing and documenting routine technical maintenance, unassisted
- Thorough understanding of process control and troubleshooting of recurring or intermittent issues, technical certifications for relevant equipment preferred
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple priorities in a changing environment and develop effective solutions
- Experience working in a 24/7 environment and must be willing to work on all shifts, as needed, stand for 12 hours+, lift up to 50 lbs., crouch, kneel, reach, bend and do repetitive actions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, positive attitude and willingness to learn