Senior iOS Mobile Developer
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
As an iOS Mobile Developer at Shutterfly, you’ll have an opportunity to work on innovative mobile projects that would impact tens of millions of people's lives. The team you would work with is small and agile, filled with talented people who are proud of what they have built yet eager to keep improving it for our customers. The team has released three mobile apps, Shutterfly for iPhone, Shutterfly for Android and Shutterfly for iPad, and all of them have received very positive reviews.
What You'll Do Here:
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated innovative thinker who cares for our customers' happiness, the quality of the app and the service, as well as the quality of the code. You will be involved in a discussion on what our customers really want to achieve. You will work with a UX/UI designer to achieve their goals in an iterative way. You will work with back-end developers to design/improve remote APIs to make the innovative design happen. You will often read users' reviews to gain a better perspective for improvement.
The Skills You Bring:
- 5+ years experience building iOS applications that are available in the App Store
- Understanding of MVP and other object-oriented patterns/concepts
- Demonstrated skills in writing high-quality, readable, well-architected and efficient code
- Experience with using git and Github
- Strong understanding of iOS application development and application architectures
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with remote API - mobile client interactions in a UI driven software development, and ability to design and optimize them
- Experience working with cocoapods, frameworks and CI systems
- Excellent communication skills
It is helpful, but not required to have:
- Open source contributions
- Experience writing unit tests and unit-testable code
- User experience design skills
If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!
As a remote position this may be performed anywhere in the United States except for within the state of Colorado.