Head of HR Strategy Employee Experience
Head of HR Strategy Employee Experience
Shutterfly is looking for the Head of HR Strategy Employee Experience to develop intentional and strategic employee experience that is employee centric, modern, user friendly, fun and driven that helps drive business impact and amplifies an organizational culture consistent with our mission and values. Reporting to the Chief Legal and People Officer you will help set the HR strategy that flexes as business demands evolve, plan, drive and execute change initiatives that keep the HR function and the company competitive, efficient, and evolving, drive key talent activation growth initiatives related to operationalizing and enhancing performance, growth, career path, and culture influences such as DE&I, employee surveys, and rewards and recognition programs. This individual will take a data driven, systemic, modern process driven approach to formulating an integrated culture and employee experience that fosters engagement, inclusivity and belonging across the global employee community. Bringing an innovative, high tech, modern and inspiring approach that helps to align employees with the company’s vision, high performing and fun culture and business strategy is essential.
The successful candidate must possess a passion for people with proven experience in developing and implementing a strategic, evolving best in class employee experience mindset and a wide variety of programs, tools, process and form automation, data analytics capabilities that have a material impact on their company’s commitment to develop and engage a global workforce. You must have demonstrated the ability to create and execute effective organizational strategies and HR transformations on a large scale, apply a deep understanding and expertise of employee engagement, knowledge of global trends, the ability to build coalitions that are passionate about the employee experience, and collaborate comfortably with senior management and executive leadership. This must be paired with organizational savvy and excellent analytical skills that leverage metrics to inform, influence and educate a wide range of audiences.
Strategy, Leadership and Communications
- Maintain strong working relationships with executives and managers. Proactively reach out to key leaders to design and implement initiatives that deliver exceptional talent programs, foster a culture of diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging, and promote employee engagement
- Bring a strategic vision to the HR function to ensure the organization has the right mix of talent, technology, and employment models to reach company goals
- Work with our corporate communications team to lead the employee communication strategy, ensuring the appropriate tone and strategy are reflected in all communications. Create and apply communication tools that engage the global workforce and reinforce the importance of being an inclusive and great place to work
- Partner closely with Marketing, Communications and Brand team to create relevant content, messaging, and promotional programs to activate, inform and engage employees. Ensure consistent experiences across internal and external employee touchpoints
- Facilitate the strategic planning processes for performance improvement. Develop human capital strategies and talent structures using cutting edge engagement models, performance improvement techniques, and recognition systems to attract and retain a high-quality team
- Partner with HR and business leaders to create a workforce strategy, career mobility and career path and derive HR organization effectiveness
- Break silos and bring people from multi-disciplines together to tackle large cross functional projects
Systems, Tools and processes
- Serve as an expert advisor and senior level liaison to HR professionals globally in the design, enhancement and operationalizing of across-the-board processes, systems and tools that are aimed to improve the employee experience, data integrity with a self-help mindset.
- Embrace an external lens to bring best practices into Shutterfly that will modernize, automate, and create better interface between different tools and end to end systems and processes that are tailored to the different type of employees and geographies
Culture and Engagement
- Develop long-term strategies and sponsor key initiatives to promote, achieve and sustain a culture of exceptional employee engagement and overall excellence
- Work with various HR stakeholders to implement activities, events, and initiatives across the organization to drive a superior employee experience
- Lead the employee engagement and pulse surveys, partnering with business leaders and the HR team to develop impactful action plans based on the results
- Drive employee recognition strategies and program that align to operational and workforce demands.
- Track the effectiveness of programs and initiatives, evolving strategies to improve outcomes.
- Keep abreast of best practices in the market on how to drive effective employee engagement.
- Working closely with the Sr. Director of Learning & Development, will collaborate the design and execution of a global succession planning program that identify and differentially invest in top talent throughout the company.
- Develop programs that help ensure business continuity and smooth transitions of key functions and roles.
- Oversee the global performance management process. Review and continuously improve the processes and tools related to goal setting, progress tracking, and evaluating individuals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field. Equivalent experience may be substituted
- 10+ years’ proven experience leading employee experience programs and HR operations tools, processes, and systems in large, complex global organizations with an agile, efficient, tech oriented and fast-paced startup mindset (a combination of private and public organization experience preferred)
- Extensive knowledge of innovative and cutting-edge talent programs, career path journeys, employee engagement, and L&D practices
- Successful track record of strategic planning with a focus on continuous improvement, implementation of modern tools that add efficiency through a self-help experience
- Demonstrated ability to analyze large data sets, utilize metrics and make data driven recommendation and decisions
- Proven experience managing in a matrixed environment, with ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally with leaders at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to design, implement and drive strategic vision, with a passion for excellence, while diving deep to understand HR, legal, governance and controls requirements with tool implementation considerations
- Ability to remain calm under pressure; comfortable addressing difficult situations
- Inspires team members to innovate, learn from industry best practices, take risks and continue improving the quality and value of the work provided to the internal customers
- Builds relationships to align efforts with internal business partners, including global teams
- Able to work both strategically and hands-on
- Strong management, leadership, and presentation skills
- Proven organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and manage competing demands
- Ability to build relationships, influence, and partner with others
- A natural leader with direct, concise communication skills
- Approachable, even-keeled personality with good sense of humor and ability to relate well with all types of personalities
- Optimistic and forward-thinking approach and behavior