Lead Software Engineer (Java/Spring Boot)
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship or transfers, for this role at this time. No candidates requiring visa sponsorship or transfer will be considered.
Shutterfly Business Solutions (SBS) enables other large companies to connect with their customers using web-to-print software solutions. SBS Technology is responsible for delivering cutting edge software solutions developed on Innovation Core platform and manufacturing PaaS services.
SBS is looking for a stellar Lead Software Engineer to join the team in Tempe, AZ or remotely.
Candidates must have a pragmatic approach to application architecture and a passion for technology and incremental delivery in a fast-paced environment.
• 60% hands-on development in Java technologies, 20% Application Architecture, 10% Team management and mentoring, 5% SDLC Process, 5% Infrastructure Releases
• Create high quality code in an agile, test-driven development environment utilizing Java Stack
• Influence the Technical Requirements Definition Process
• Partner with development team to map technical requirements into architecture and technical design tasks, plan releases and deliver on commitments
• Collaborate with core SBS teams on shared services such as Infrastructure, Security and Operations
• Support production applications and releases
• Perform performance and scalability analysis
• Inspire, lead and mentor team members
• 8 to 12 years overall software development experience
• 2 to 4 years managing and/or leading a development team (including offsite teams)
• 5+ years hands-on experience in Java Stack (Open-Source Java, Spring Framework, Spring Boot) and relational databases (Oracle, MySQL)
• 5+ years of developing effective APIs and REST/SOAP web services
• Ability to work and deliver independently
• Strong leadership and communication skills
• Scale Technologies: Redis, Elastic Search, Kafka, NoSQL
• Micro services and Distributed architecture, DevOps/Cloud/AWS
• Agile SDLC/Scrum/Kanban processes
• BS/MS in Computer Science
** This position is eligible for remote work which may be performed anywhere in the United States except for within the state of Colorado.**