Manager Ad Ops
Senior Manager, Ad Operations
- Proven experience working with 3rd-party or homegrown digital advertising platforms including: ad server platforms, demand-side platforms, data management platforms and tag management systems
- Manage and run Technical Ad Operations Team
- Develop and implement processes, systems and standard methodologies for technical ad operations including ad serving and tag management
- Support DMP and tag manager data enablement for all channels - Display, Paid Search, SEO, Affiliates, Social, Research, Engineering
- Proven experience in partnering with engineering teams to integrate and publish data from 3rd-party systems
- Proven ability to break down and diagnose issues, then identify and rapidly deploy fixes
- Communicate clearly and effectively to cross functional teams on the status of projects and critical issues. Escalate critical issues appropriately and promptly drive them to closure
- Manage POCs for new ad technology products and vendors
- Understanding of data privacy and security basics including GDPR and CCPA
- Liaise with Product and Engineering, providing feedback to improve operational efficiency and workflow.
- Development of trafficking and ad operations specifications and documentation for new products
- Support platform bugs
- Train campaign management and ad operations teams on new product execution and product enhancements
- Technical evaluation for ad tech vendors and partners - ad server, tag manager, DSP, DMP
- Establish team goals and work with direct reports to execute, measure progress, and share results
- Provide mentorship, guidance and career development to a team of Technical Ad Operations Analysts.
- 6+ years of experience in Digital Ad Ops
- Experience managing Ad Ops or Support Teams.
- BA/BS or equivalent 4 year university degree
- A great depth of understanding on the online advertising industry: desktop, mobile (web/in-app), video, and search technologies, as well as measurement platform knowledge
- Highly proficient in digital ad server technology (e.g. Google Ad Manager), tag managers (GTM, Tealium) Demand Side Platforms (e.g. Adobe, AppNexus, DV360), SaaS platforms and data measurement.
- Strong knowledge of campaign lifecycle management, ad sales process, trafficking, QA, performance analytics/ reporting.
- Comfortable working with large data sets using a variety of tools
- Strong verbal and written communication skills